Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden on the 'Skins

DaveP666

1. On differences in the Redskins since the first game: "They were pretty darn good when they were here. I just think they're a good football team; they lost a couple tight games during the midseason, but they are very talented. They have explosive playmakers that we know well. Portis, Moss, Brunell is playing very well. They can run it and throw it, they're extremely dangerous on offense -- they use very creative formations, change personnel on offense. Cooley is a guy that you really have to account for. Defensively, they never stay the same. The masters of the perimeter blitz, they can play maximum zone or maximum blitz within the same sentence, so it's a lot to prepare for. They are well schooled in the kicking game -- Danny Smith is one of the best coaches in the league."

http://www.nfl.com/features/squibkicks/

:cheers:

Actually, i don't think anyone ever speaks the truth on how they feel after a game! They shud be blowing rasberrys at each other!!! All they say is the same lines: Great team, fought hard, gave us heck of a game, great coach blah blah. When we beat the Cowboys the second time i bet our players wanted to laugh and give them the finger and tell them they just suck! Hahahaha

Thats the truth!

Gil Brandt said: • The Bucs defense has to get by with seven in the box in order to stop Santana Moss from making big plays. WR Joey Galloway should have a big game (he had seven catches for 131 yards and one score in the first meeting). RB Cadillac Williams should have a so-so game here.

They are well schooled in the kicking game -- Danny Smith is one of the best coaches in the league."
He had me until we got to here...

I think when Gruden said "kicking game", what he was actually referring to was all of Special Teams. I understand your frustration with Frost and the short kickoffs by Hall, but all in all STs have been very good this year. I've been quite impressed them. You don't see those missed tackles or long returns against us anymore which used to kill this team. Also, our returners haven't been that bad either despite no having a bonafide return man (with the exception of Moss who isn't back returning kick very often). Hopefully the "kicking game" will continue doing what it has all the way through SB XL.

Archived