Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wild Card Weekend Picks, Pats, and Apologies

kleese

Last Week: 10-6

Season: 163-91

Record Picking Redskins games: 12-4 (games I missed: at Dallas, at Giants, at Bucs, Raiders)

Final Regular Season Review: I got off to a hot start and was poised to have my best season ever, but I slowly fell into medicority as the season progressed. I did well picking the bigger games each week, but I faltered big time on my upset picks after hitting a few big ones early in the year. Overall, I'd say I did an above average job picking the games, but nothing earth-shattering. If we had a Pick Em' contest I may have been in the top third, but I don't think I would have had any chance to win :(

Anyway, I did go 12-4 picking Skins games, but I must admit that one game I got wrong was at Tampa, so take this with a grain of salt.

Wild Card Picks:

Jacksonville at New England:

People are glossing over the Jags a bit too readily for my taste. I agree that it simply doesn't seem possible that the Pats would bow out at home this early in the tournament, but everyone should realize that the Jags' defense is legit. New England will NOT run the ball on Saturday, and I have a feeling each yard gained is going to be hard-earned on both sides. In the end, I simply can't go against Brady in New England when it matters, but don't be surprised if the Jags make this one a nail-biter.

Patriots 13, Jaguars 10

Carolina at New York Giants: The back-to-back home losses Carolina suffered against Tampa Bay and Dallas linger in my head. Yes, they rebounded and beat up two deflated teams on the road (Saints, Falcons), but I think the Panthers blew a golden opportunity to win their division and/or secure a BYE week. I have serious questions about the Giants defense right now, but I think they will contain Carolina enough to give their offense a chance to win the game.

Giants 27, Panthers 21

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: Are the Bengals even playing this week? The Steelers are a wild card road FAVORITE? Not sure I can ever remember that happening in the past. The Steelers are hot, and the Bengals are not, but that may be due in part because the Bengals wrapped things up several weeks ago. I am concerned about the swiss cheese defense the Bengals employed the past two weeks, but I'm also not sold on the Steelers attack. Paul Brown Stadium will be in a frenzy this Sunday, and I think the Bengals are going to surprise some people.

Bengals 28, Steelers 24

Washington at Tampa Bay: It's impossible for me to pick the Redskins to win any game without being labeled a homer, so I'm just going to have to ignore that. I see both defenses rebounded from our first encounter, but I also see the Bucs making the extra one or two critical mistakes that swing the game. I respect Gruden and Kiffin to the fullest or else I'd be MUCH more confident about this game. But it just doesn't feel as if the Redskins are going to end their run this week.

Redskins 20, Bucs 13

I disagree on the Cincy/ Pittsburgh game The Bengals with that weak defense of theirs will not stop the Steelers running game. Yes, the Bengals won the division but the Steelers is the better team overrall their experience will have them winning this game.

Archived