Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opinions about November matchup with Bucs...

TD_washingtonredskins

OK, I would like to revisit the result of the November matchup with the Bucs now that we're playing them in the playoffs.

Forgetting the fact that the loss drastically changed tie-breakers and seedings, given that we're playing the Bucs in the first round of the playoffs, who still wishes we beat them earlier this year? I, for one, love that we have the ability to use the "revenge" mentality instead of being the team that won that contest. Maybe I'm dumb!

Thoughts?

Law of Averages. We lost our last contest with them in Nov, last time we went to the playoffs, it was a first round knockout in Tampa by the Bucs. They have never lost a playoff game in Tampa. All those stats unevenly balanced will tip in our direction. Law of Averages says we are due. The only thing that scares me is the way we play on the road. But with all the adversity we have faced on the road, even that has to change and go in our favor.

I have completely thrown the Nov. game out vs. them.

They won we lost. Simple as that. No excuses. We allowed Chris Simms to look like Phil Simms and we were undisciplined at the end in being offsides on that PAT attempt. They gambled and things paid off. Im sick of ppl arguing whether it was a good conversion or not...point is that it is OVER. It is done with and we get a shot at some REVENGE to show that we are the better team....dont know what will happen but we have the opportunity so lets see if we can step up.

I have completely thrown the Nov. game out vs. them.

They won we lost. Simple as that. No excuses. We allowed Chris Simms to look like Phil Simms and we were undisciplined at the end in being offsides on that PAT attempt. They gambled and things paid off. Im sick of ppl arguing whether it was a good conversion or not...point is that it is OVER. It is done with and we get a shot at some REVENGE to show that we are the better team....dont know what will happen but we have the opportunity so lets see if we can step up.

Right, I get all that.

I guess what I'm saying is, do you feel more comfortable playing a team for the second time after you've beaten them or lost to them (assuming both teams are similar in talent, etc.)?

For example, the last time we went to the playoffs, we were matched up with Detroit. They had smoked us earlier in the year and we crushed them...

Archived