Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An idea to stop people getting angry at people looking ahead..

Sherlock Holmes

Ok, i always like to look ahead to the game after, or the next season, or the draft or whatever. But a lot of people prefer to look at the task in hand. Well, to stop people getting annoyed at threads about a possible trip to the superbowl or whatever, why not open another HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE FORUM that is just to do with the next game?? And keep the stadium for everything else??

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

I never get why fans on messageboards are like, "Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves and concentrate on this game."

Why not? I'm not playing. If I personally plan what may happen in our 2012 season finale it shouldn't really affect what the Skins do this weekend, should it?

I never get why fans on messageboards are like, "Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves and concentrate on this game."

Why not? I'm not playing. If I personally plan what may happen in our 2012 season finale it shouldn't really affect what the Skins do this weekend, should it?

Exactly true.

Unfortunately its not always that way is it? im suprised that people are so superstitious on this forum..

personally, I like looking at what is directly in front of us. Looking beyond the Suckaneers can be dangerous & heart-breaking if we get too far ahead of ourselves. And how dare you bring up the Super Bowl at this point! My God, man, what are you trying to do? Jinx us?

:jk:

It is difficult NOT to look 4 more games down the road. First, Tampa, then Seattle, then Chicago, then Indy! I don't know...don't sound so hard to me. ;)

Round 1= :bucsuck:

Divisional Championship= :seahawksu

NFC Championship= :bearsuck:

Super Bowl= :coltsuck:

People better start thinking ahead, I started a thread today about the fact that I made reservations for a trip to Detroit in February and that rooms are hard to come by. I did word it very carefully for that exact reason. lol

I sure hope all of us are going to be taking a trip to Detriot in February.

Because the more you talk about things OTHER then the game at hand, the more it will be talked about, and the more the team will look past the current opponent.

Look at how the Pats handle the playoffs. They NEVER talk about anything other then the next opponent, and it's how they've been able to have success for the past 5 years. When teams start to talk about the next game (see Kordell Stewarts comments in the 01' AFCC game) they not only give added incentive to the opponent, but also take away some of their focus for the game at hand.

The NFL players should NOT be focused on anything other then who they are playing in the upcomming week. If they think past the opponent, it is the easiest way to fail. Just look at games where teams were looking past an opponend (say when the Chargers played the Colts this year) they lost the prior game to a much inferior opponent.

Archived