Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts instead of Brown on kickoffs?

FunBunch7

The first 4 or 5 kickoff returns by Antonio Brown were less than satisfying. Then Betts returned the last one...he didn't break iout or anything but he seemed to hit the hoole with more force than AB. Most of AB/s returns were to the 28 yard line or so.

We all remember that Betts ran one back in Tampa Bay before getting hurt. I'm wondering if the coaches may go with Betts back deep or have both of them back there. I love AB's contribution to the team since his return, but it is playoff time now! Hopefully we won't have many kick off returns this week anyways but just for a boost, I hope we have the right guy back there.

I hold my breath every time I see Brown back there. I know he has the potential to break one, but his ratio of muffed kicks to big returns is like 2 to 1. In the playoffs, I'd rather see someone who can reliably catch the ball, remember to call fair catch, or actually catch a ball rather than letting it rolll to the 5 than him.

I think he might eventually be a good return man, but right now? I don't know that he's the best guy for the playoffs.

The first 4 or 5 kickoff returns by Antonio Brown were less than satisfying. Then Betts returned the last one...he didn't break iout or anything but he seemed to hit the hoole with more force than AB. Most of AB/s returns were to the 28 yard line or so.

We all remember that Betts ran one back in Tampa Bay before getting hurt. I'm wondering if the coaches may go with Betts back deep or have both of them back there. I love AB's contribution to the team since his return, but it is playoff time now! Hopefully we won't have many kick off returns this week anyways but just for a boost, I hope we have the right guy back there.

you are turning your back on brown already?

Betts is not as quick or fast, but he will definitely break more tackles. I think we're okay with either one of the two. Both are faster than Thrash, but Thrash is more sure-handed and smarter when returning punts. It may come down to the situation, whether we just want to protect the ball, or get a good return? We have a man for any situation!

It isn't Brown's fault. He wasn't getting any blocks. Even if you put in Moss they would see the same thing. Eagles were out doing them. I'm sure the coaches put in Betts because he is better at breaking tackles. AB needs a few blocks to get a good return. It was a good move by the coaching staff. Betts is the hammer, Brown is the speed.:cool:

Brown can't break a tackle, and yesterday he was doing some dancing. Betts quickly picks a hole and hits it. - This can be worked on this week in practice.

I'd like to see Antonio in on offense every so often, even if it's just fake end arounds, because the opposing teams know they have to respect his speed.

Aren't you the same person who praised Brown right after he ran one back a few weeks ago? :doh:

:bucsuck: :point2sky

Aren't you the same person who praised Brown right after he ran one back a few weeks ago? :doh:

Yeah I did praise him and for good reason. I think that the biggest part of kickoff returning is the "confidence" to hit the hole all out. It just seems to me like as the game wore on yesterday, AB was anticipating being hit. He is without question a "burner"...but seeing Betts run over the first guy that made contact was a breath of fresh air.

Maybe we should have both of them back there, I don't know. But this is do or die and who ever is the best guy that can give us the most yards is obviously the one I'd want back there. I think AB has the best chance to go the distance due to his speed but I think Betts has the best chance to get us out past the 30 yard line on a regular basis.

But whovere is back there....Goooooooooooo!

:bucsuck: :point2sky

Archived