Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell's Cap Number in 2006?

garg8050

interesting thought, but it may be restructured again.

Another interesting fact is that Campbell's contract is full of incentives (based on playing time) for the '06 season. It's a little suspicious that he would sign such a 'playing-time based' contract unless he was told he'd have a reasonable shot at the starting position his 2nd season.

Brunell had no problem restructuring his contract in Jacksonville when the time came, and he will definitely have no problem doing so in Wash.

True, but the more the 'Skins restructure, the more dead cap space they're creating for the future. Most organizations are leery to restructure contracts of older players for that very reason.

Another interesting fact is that Campbell's contract is full of incentives (based on playing time) for the '06 season. It's a little suspicious that he would sign such a 'playing-time based' contract unless he was told he'd have a reasonable shot at the starting position his 2nd season.

mmm...its going to be the main topic on this board in the offseason, whatever happens this year isnt it?? whether he starts or not..

yeah... with how old Brunell is and his struggles to make it through a season without injury, I can easily see him retiring, or staying on as a backup for the Redskins. I dont think he will start another season.

22tds and 8 ints this season, and has the redskins with a winning record.... He is starting next. If it wasn't for the over hype of Vick .. he'd be in the probowl

It was reported that Brunell already restructured once this past offseason. That raised my eyebrow at the time, but certainly I doubt there will be any reluctance on Brunell's part to increase the guaranteed portion of his compensation (which is really what most salary cap 'restructuring' consists of).

Archived