Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crazy reason I hope Brunell doesn't play this weekend.

I hope Brunell plays ... this is the money game and if I were the Coach I would go with my most experienced (poised) player. In reality there is not much difference between Brunell and PR ... they both have shortcomings. Gibbs will want to keep turnovers to a minimum and run, run with his lightening and thunder backfield. If Brunell's injury acts up ... you can always go to Pat. As for the latter's trade value ... he is worth much more to the Skins next year as a back-up than would be a middle round draft pick. I say keep him until his contract expires.

I'm more comfortable with the older vet Brunell in there and how he manages a game..makes few mistakes, rarely forces the action, improvises etc.

We have to win this game...while the original poster makes good points, the part about him having learned while sitting on the bench and now will come in and put it all together is partial wishfull thinking.

All of that trade value stuff is well and good, but first and foremost is winning this game and making the playoffs.

Gibbs has already said the time outs were his fault -they didn't have the right players in for the plays that were called so the formations were screwed up. Given the incredible lack of qb talent in the league - I would think there would be a fair amount of interest in PR. PR has a better rep and more upside than the starters for a bunch of teams. There are several teams that don't have a single viable option at qb - like Miami, Detroit, Arizona, Jets, posible GB if Brett retires. I expect a bunch of interest in PR especially since he has a cheap year left on his contract.

Archived