Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crazy reason I hope Brunell doesn't play this weekend.

Hi,

This may sound nuts, but I actually sort of hope Brunell sits this Eagles game out. Here are my reasons:

1. After the Giants game, I think Ramsey may have matured from sitting on the bench and learning from Brunell. I believe he can beat the Eagles.

2. Brunell is 35. After a shoulder and a knee injury, it can't be a bad thing to rest him. We all know how Brunell did last year when his knee was bugging him.

3. If Ramsey plays well, it gives him a national audience. That means he would be worth more in a trade during the offseason as so many teams are in a bad way for quarterback talent.

With that idea in mind. What would be some good trades to get in exchange for Ramsey if he plays against the eagles and plays very well?

good post, and i agree somewhat with starting Ramsey, but I think that we still need to play Brunell, mainly b/c of the connection he has with Sanatana, and how he controls the offense. Ramsey came in and called two timeouts back to back. He needs to know what he is doing and how to control the offense as well as Brunell has been, to be able to be a Starter. I dont think he will make that mistake again, but we shouldnt take any chances.

I dont know if thats sarcasm or not, but I agree 100% with the first post

lol Comm, I believe his intent was to insult me. Oh well, every post I've ever been on has these lurkers that just go around making sarastic comments about everyone's threads. It doesn't bother me. I'm glad I can help them vent and I may be saving their wives a beating - lol.

Brunell had a hammie last year, not a knee. I'd love to rest #8, but I hate to send the message we are resting our starters because we think the Eagles are a gimme. If he's healthy enough, Mark should play. Ideally, the 'Skins get a big first half lead and we rest MB and CP in the second half.

As for trades, I trade to the highest bidder for a draft pick. :2cents:

Let's see, what trades do I believe we should take for PR... How about, none. I believe we should keep him.

If it weren't for the salary cap I would agree with you. But in this day and age we can't afford to keep him. We have to ride Brunell and let Jason move up to the spot of second string next year. We will probably have to sign another backup as well. If Ramsey wanted to stay for cheap then great, but we all know that won't happen.

Hi,

This may sound nuts, but I actually sort of hope Brunell sits this Eagles game out. Here are my reasons:

1. After the Giants game, I think Ramsey may have matured from sitting on the bench and learning from Brunell. I believe he can beat the Eagles.

2. Brunell is 35. After a shoulder and a knee injury, it can't be a bad thing to rest him. We all know how Brunell did last year when his knee was bugging him.

3. If Ramsey plays well, it gives him a national audience. That means he would be worth more in a trade during the offseason as so many teams are in a bad way for quarterback talent.

With that idea in mind. What would be some good trades to get in exchange for Ramsey if he plays against the eagles and plays very well?

I agree totally, but only if we were SURE we could beat the Eagles w/ Ramsey, lol. I've already mentioned Gibbs letting Ramsey prove himself if possible in case an off-season trade should arise, this way his value is way up. Also, it would be nice to rest Brunell, I just wish I could be sure Ramsey can get the job done. I think the best bet is to start Brunell, and if we gain a decent lead by say mid-3rd quarter, then rest him and let Ramsey get in.

If it weren't for the salary cap I would agree with you. But in this day and age we can't afford to keep him. We have to ride Brunell and let Jason move up to the spot of second string next year. We will probably have to sign another backup as well. If Ramsey wanted to stay for cheap then great, but we all know that won't happen.

Captain I agree with you. Jason needs to move into the #2 spot and we can sign a third stringer.

Considering how desperate the league is for QB's, we may be able to get a lot for Ramsey if he plays well against the Eagles.

Captain I agree with you. Jason needs to move into the #2 spot and we can sign a third stringer.

Considering how desperate the league is for QB's, we may be able to get a lot for Ramsey if he plays well against the Eagles.

It would be great if we could bring in a guy like Kitna or maybe even bring Hasselbeck back. We will see. Another second round pick would be great though. We have other needs like a pass rusher (I feel like we have been saying this for so long), possibly another corner and a big WR. The more draft picks we have, the better our shot of finding guys to fill those roles.

I'm completely comfortable starting Ramsey. I think the two timeouts back to back were an abberation. The first one seemed to be play-clock related, which can happen when a new QB steps in just getting into the flow. Second one seemed to be the receivers lining up wrong and not understanding when he tried to motion them inot a legal formation. That was Brown, who also has not had much playing time at receiver. I think someone else got confused as well and maybe though it was meant for them when Ramsey was motioning to Brown. These problems seemed to disappear quickly though, and players interviewed after the game commented on how Pat calmed down after the two mishaps and led them effectively.

Overall, I simply think the team is in better shape with Brunnell completely healthy. If it takes him a week or two to get there again, then we are better off with Ramsey. Increasing Pat's trade value is not a valid reason to play him in my opinion. It may be a result of the situation, but the only reason to play him is that he gives us the best opportunity to win in the long run, which I believe he does in this case as it allows us to get Brunnell back 100% for the playoffs.

Although I have no problem with playing Ramsey, we need to play Brunell strictly b/c he is the starter and who don't have a playoff spot yet. If we have the spot then sure, start Ramsey, but Brunell is a big reason we are in contention right now and needs to play if he can.

I agree BUT I only want Brunell to play if he is 90-100% He does this team no good to go out there hurt or to hurt himself more. :2cents:

I'm completely comfortable starting Ramsey. I think the two timeouts back to back were an abberation. The first one seemed to be play-clock related, which can happen when a new QB steps in just getting into the flow. Second one seemed to be the receivers lining up wrong and not understanding when he tried to motion them inot a legal formation. That was Brown, who also has not had much playing time at receiver. I think someone else got confused as well and maybe though it was meant for them when Ramsey was motioning to Brown. These problems seemed to disappear quickly though, and players interviewed after the game commented on how Pat calmed down after the two mishaps and led them effectively.

Overall, I simply think the team is in better shape with Brunnell completely healthy. If it takes him a week or two to get there again, then we are better off with Ramsey. Increasing Pat's trade value is not a valid reason to play him in my opinion. It may be a result of the situation, but the only reason to play him is that he gives us the best opportunity to win in the long run, which I believe he does in this case as it allows us to get Brunnell back 100% for the playoffs.

Well said: :applause:

We MUST win. Period. I think we have the best chance with Mark at the helm. His knowledge, experience, and timing with the offence and all of the players is key here. If, and only if, he can't go should we start Pat. We need to be worried about the playoffs right now, not the offseason.

Are you guys nuts? We are talking baout winning a game to get into the playoffs and you guys are talking about starting a player hoping he plays well to increase is trade value. I don't get you guys sometimes.

I agree. Unless Brunell can't walk, he has to play this week. This is the most important game of the year.

What if your plan backfires? Say Gibbs starts Ramsey to rest Brunell. Say Ramsey stinks up the joint for a national audience losing the game, getting ousted from the playoffs, and making potential trade suitors run for the hills?

Whatever. As long as we win, but I trust Joe Gibbs over you.

lol, you mean my posts here aren't more important than what Joe Gibbs decides? Wow, I'm hurt. And I thought Dan Snyder was looking to the ExtremeSkins post for all his personnel ideas.

Lol, why is it whenever you suggest something out of the mainstream on a sports post there will always be those who come on acting like you are trying to take the coach's job or something?

Relax man, just throwin ideas out there :)

My sincere hope is that Mark can go. However, if he's really hurting then it Ramsey is competent enough to take over. That is the good thing about having a competent backup. Furthermore, we frusturate the Eagles a bit as they don't know which QB to prepare for as they have different styles. However, the news out of Ashburn as of late today is that Mark is "probable." With it being only Wednesday and him being listed as probably already, I have high hopes for him playing on Sunday. Cortizone can work wonders, just ask Steve Young.

Gibbs will start Ramsey if he feels Mark can't be mobile. Gibbs owes Mark an opportunity to prove himself in a "bigtime" game.

What??? Gibbs owes Ramsey nothing. The NFL isn't a league of I owe you because you're a nice guy. It's whoever is the best man for the position. Period.

As far as the trade value going up if Ramsey plays, I don't think one game is going to raise his value that much higher than what it is now. There is interest out there for him right now and I don't think it's going to get any higher. There are some potential QB's out there that will be available this offseason.

Archived