Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keeping Greg Williams

SkinzFan007

Obviously a lot of teams will be trying to pick up Williams as their head coach at the end of the year. I don't think there is anyway that this is Gibbs last year and I fully expect him back next year. With that being said what kind of things do the Redskins need to do to keep Greg. I want nothing more than for Greg Williams to take over as coach when Gibbs retires.

Obviously a lot of teams will be trying to pick up Williams as their head coach at the end of the year. I don't think there is anyway that this is Gibbs last year and I fully expect him back next year. With that being said what kind of things do the Redskins need to do to keep Greg. I want nothing more than for Greg Williams to take over as coach when Gibbs retires.

I dont think it will be hard for us to keep him:

A) He likes it here.

B) You know Gibbs will be around for a MAXIMUM of 3 more years, just put it in writing that Greg Williams will be next head coach.

C) I'm pretty sure he's already making head coach money, and even if he isn't, we could give him head coach money next year if we had to.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

I agree that it's likely he's in line to succeed Gibbs in 2-3 years. He's publicly said that he doesn't plan on leaving. There aren't too many openings that look as favorably as the Skins will when Jason Campbell is coming into his own in 2-3 years. He'll stick around.

Possible options:

Lions: Matt Millen is the GM; enough said.

Saints: Tom Benson is the owner and Mueller isn't there anymore. Terrible situation.

Texans: geez, about as bad as it gets.

Rams: could be the only intriguing possibility

Bills: he definitely ain't going back there

Vikings: a full house-cleaning is needed there

His best bet is to stay put with us, wait out his time, and take over the reigns, baby, in a year or two.

Possible options:

Lions: Matt Millen is the GM; enough said.

Saints: Tom Benson is the owner and Mueller isn't there anymore. Terrible situation.

Texans: geez, about as bad as it gets.

Rams: could be the only intriguing possibility

Bills: he definitely ain't going back there

Vikings: a full house-cleaning is needed there

His best bet is to stay put with us, wait out his time, and take over the reigns, baby, in a year or two.

If Williams stays next season, I think a favorable solution for everyone would be for Williams to become the head coach the season after next and Joe Gibbs to become the Assistant Head Coach.

Archived