Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Gibbs Let It All Hang Out Or Be Conservative???

qcraftsman

I have this feeling that he now has seen to many times what has happened to us in the 4th quarter. I think he knows he has to push it a bit more during the game and try new things or even trick plays so we aren't put into that situation.

If we don't and the 4th quarter comes and it is 14-14 or whatever we all know Bledsoe is gonna drive on us and score. Our 2 minute offense sucks so we need to not be in that situation at the end of the game.

What do you guys think? Will Gibbs push it with playcalling?

I would be absolutely fine with Mark Brunnell only attempting 15 passes. The offensive line wants to run the ball. They want to punch Dallas in the face. I say run, run, run, run, run. Then throw in a play action every once in a while. If we win 9-0. That will be fine with me.

Here is all you need to know. This season we have played against the

1,2,5,6,7,8,9,12,15 best run defenses in the league. The 12th being Dallas. That is 10 of the top 15 run defenses in the league that we have played in our 13 games so far. The other three were Philly, SF and Ariz. They are all in the late teens to early 20s. So you might think we rank fairly low in rushing offense. Well we are 5th in the league. That's right fifth. The weather will be cold, possibly rainy. We must run, run, run, run. End of story.

I got a hunch that Gibbs is going to coach this game the same way he's coached the previous 13 games of the year.

Establish Portis, control the clock, and expect the D to hold Dallass to 14 or less. I don't think Gibbs has been holding back 13 weeks just hoping we are in playoff contention to open the playbook up against Dallass. I could be wrong but I highly doubt I am. So expect a very conservative safe play call game from the offense.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I hope if we are leading late in the game and have the ball, we go for first downs and don't try to simply run time off the clock. Dallas is going to be remembering what happened to them the first time. And with Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, and Keyshawn Johnson, they are more then capable of recreating what happened to us when we played in Dallas last year.

Gibbs will conservatively let Portis let it all hang it out, then throw a little cartwright at him followed up with a dose of Betts. And when Cooley finally gets Brunells attention standing alone in the zone he will get pass.

They wake Moss up from his nap after halftime and smoke'em.

He's going balls out...I mean as much as Joe Gibbs can, so by that I see a gadget play, I see us going for a 2 or more 4th downs even when the score is close, I see us throwing on two or more obvious running situations, 2nd and 3, or like 3rd and 1.

As far as the Cowboys, I see the same thing, but I bet Parcells goes for a crazy on-side kick to take the crowd out of it... maybe to start the 3rd. I also see a half-back option pass for the C-boys.

Gibbs will conservatively let Portis let it all hang it out, then throw a little cartwright at him followed up with a dose of Betts. And when Cooley finally gets Brunells attention standing alone in the zone he will get pass.

They wake Moss up from his nap after halftime and smoke'em.[/QUOTE]

Big hit predicted by Roy Williams this weekend!!!!

If he can wrestle Irvings crack pipe from him!!!

The cowpuke fans are really wishing for Williams to put a big hit on Moss this weekend. I can't wait to see if Gibbs gives them a heavy does of running to open Moss up so we can hit them in the face again!!! Should be interesting to see how Brunell bounces back this weekend and if recievers can stop dropping or tipping easily catchable balls. Turnovers will most likely be the key to victory.

GO SKINS!!!

i dont understand why evry 1 wants the skins to come out and light it up .. is it that hard for you to see that we do not have the PLAYERS on offense to do this! it takes more than 1 awsome reciever to stretch the field! last year we we attacked much more think of the atlanta game , gibbs understands the postion were in at wr and knows we cannot open up the passing game until we establish the run 1st!

I got a hunch that Gibbs is going to coach this game the same way he's coached the previous 13 games of the year.

Establish Portis, control the clock, and expect the D to hold Dallass to 14 or less. I don't think Gibbs has been holding back 13 weeks just hoping we are in playoff contention to open the playbook up against Dallass. I could be wrong but I highly doubt I am. So expect a very conservative safe play call game from the offense.

Good Post!

I agree! This will more than likely be a very close game and it will come down to the end just like every other game we have played(except 49ers).

You can expect to sit there and curse Brunell and the O-line and Pray every play that the D doesnt give up the BIG ONE! Hopefully we will prevail but if this game is a blowout I am afraid we will be on the bad end of it.

How many people can relate?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I have this feeling that he now has seen to many times what has happened to us in the 4th quarter. I think he knows he has to push it a bit more during the game and try new things or even trick plays so we aren't put into that situation.

If we don't and the 4th quarter comes and it is 14-14 or whatever we all know Bledsoe is gonna drive on us and score. Our 2 minute offense sucks so we need to not be in that situation at the end of the game.

What do you guys think? Will Gibbs push it with playcalling?

I dont think it hhas been conservative, yes he has gone conservative like in the eagles game or raiders game. But a lot of it is execution if the offensive line doesnt create plays or open up holes then it looks a lot like being conservative.

I would not mind seeing a few more short passes on first down and have portis run to get the first

I want "The Dirtbags" to justify my preseason enthusiasm for them and to prove that my late season disillusionment with them to be a knee jerk reaction on my part.

Go out there on Sunday and pound the Cowboys. Run Clinton Portis,Ladell Betts,Rock Cartwright and even Nemo if necessary.

Call it conservative or whatever, I want the Skins players to take it upon themselves and to go out there and impose their will on the Cowboys.

Gibbs can call any play he wants, we need our guys to go out there and execute it.

When it's 3rd and 1 late in the 4th quarter. I don't want "aggressive" play calling. I don't want some gadget play. I want our guys to pound it for a first down.

:dallasuck

i dont understand why evry 1 wants the skins to come out and light it up .. is it that hard for you to see that we do not have the PLAYERS on offense to do this! it takes more than 1 awsome reciever to stretch the field! last year we we attacked much more think of the atlanta game , gibbs understands the postion were in at wr and knows we cannot open up the passing game until we establish the run 1st!

"If you believe you can or you believe you can't you're correct!" There are plenty of play makers on this team. They just need to step up.

Archived