Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where was Rock Cartwright?

smack500

Don't get me wrong, I love Rock and wish he played more...but, you could have driven a mack truck through the holes that were opened for him in his 100+ game.

Exactly...if Betts had been healthy last week, he would have had 100+ against the Rams as well. I love Rock, don't get me wrong, I'm one of his biggest proponents. When everyone was calling for his head after the KC game, I stuck up for him. However, I believe Betts is a better option than Rock as the #2, and obviously Gibbs and the coaches agree with me. Plus, Rock is an invalauble special teams guy.

Not to mention they could possibly be shopping Betts...he is a RFA after this year, and if someone signs him away we get a 2nd rounder in compensation...

I like both Betts and Rock. I know that Betts is the #2 guy and I understand the coaching staff getting him back into that role, but I would like to see Rock in there on those short yardage plays. I think there was an opportunity for them both yesterday. I know we won, but if we don't start converting 3rd&1 and 3rd&2 in the 4th qtr we are going to continue to give the opposition multiple chances to come back.

The way Rock shined during the Rams game, my theory is, Coach is working him into the offense, designing plays that will take advantage of him best.

But when you have a future hall of fame coach and fierce division rivals coming up on the horizon, why show your hand early? Why not hold him back, work him in practice, get him comfortable, and then unleash him during the Cowboys game?

Exactly...if Betts had been healthy last week, he would have had 100+ against the Rams as well. I love Rock, don't get me wrong, I'm one of his biggest proponents. When everyone was calling for his head after the KC game, I stuck up for him. However, I believe Betts is a better option than Rock as the #2, and obviously Gibbs and the coaches agree with me. Plus, Rock is an invalauble special teams guy.

Not to mention they could possibly be shopping Betts...he is a RFA after this year, and if someone signs him away we get a 2nd rounder in compensation...

How is he a RFA next year? Where did you find that info?

Archived