Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB of the future

Chipper

Knowing Gibbs, Brunell will be the man next year, but one can only wonder what our QB situation will be like in say 3 years. Who do you guys think is really the quarterback of our future, and is Ramsey sure to go? I think he seems pretty happy at Washington. I do think Brunell is a good fill in, but it is depressing to see other teams progressing in young QB play and our team giving an old guy a few more years to show his stuff. Who is the QB of the future, and would it not make sense to start trying to work them into the offense soon (next season)? Any thoughts?

depends on how long it takes to think Cambell is ready. Brunell will be done before long, Ramsey could turn around and wake up also, but this was the year that Ramsey was supposed to show promising results but alas, that didnt happen.

I agree that Ramsey could turn it around because stranger things have happened. For instance Joe Gibbs just raves about Ramsey because of his attitude. Maybe they are thinking about keeping him after all the "bad attitudes" around this league this year.

Then there is Campbell. It seems like I remember Steve McNAIR sitting on the bench for the first 2 years after he was drafted so its not gonna hurt Jason to just sit and learn and learn and learn. If he ends up being as good as McNair was,then I say let him sit for another season or 2. If we fix this defense and add a couple of pass rushers and bring everybody back except Daniels, holdman, and Harris, this defense might be able to carry this team next year.

Doesn't matter if Ramsey or Brunell is the starter because either of them would be better next year than the Bears QB situation this year and they're in first place with a great defesne. For that matter even Jason Campblel could proabaly start if the defense is great. Remember the Bears are doing it with a rookie and the Steelers did it last year with a rookie QB. Maybe next year is the Skins turn.

Good point. I think our defense will continue to carry this team. I can't wait until we get our trio on offense though for the future (either Ramsey or Cambell), Moss, and Portis. I think continuity can only help, and thats something the redskins have not had for a long time. If you look at all the great offenses or most, they have continuity over the years. Manning, Harrison, and James for the Colts for example.

Why is everyone so eager to get to the future? Brunell is playing well! As well as any QB here in a very long time........better than any QB here in a very long time.

JC will get his chance. This is to his benefit. The teams playing young QB's were forced to play young QB's. Most coaches would love their young guys to sit around and learn for a few years. Don't rush him. Feel secure in our future, but no need to rush it.

As for Ramsey, don't kid yourself. He is a competetor! He will not stay here to sink down the depth chart. JC will be our #2 next season. PR will go to Miami, NYJ, Detroit, etc...

He will be a starter in this league. And I think he will be a good one, too. I will always root for him. Class guy!

Why is everyone so eager to get to the future? Brunell is playing well! As well as any QB here in a very long time........better than any QB here in a very long time.

JC will get his chance. This is to his benefit. The teams playing young QB's were forced to play young QB's. Most coaches would love their young guys to sit around and learn for a few years. Don't rush him. Feel secure in our future, but no need to rush it.

As for Ramsey, don't kid yourself. He is a competetor! He will not stay here to sink down the depth chart. JC will be our #2 next season. PR will go to Miami, NYJ, Detroit, etc...

He will be a starter in this league. And I think he will be a good one, too. I will always root for him. Class guy!

Brunell has played okay. All those fumbles he has keeps me from saying it's great season from him. Man those fumbles have hurt us alot this year.

Brunell has played okay. All those fumbles he has keeps me from saying it's great season from him. Man those fumbles have hurt us alot this year.

Yeah, he has fumbled, but he is the BEST in the NFL at interception percentage. He manages a game very, very well. The playcalling has been suspect lately, but thats not him.

I am in no hurry to bench Brunell for JC. We are on the cusp of becoming a very strong team. If you put JC in too soon, think we would take a step back. :2cents:

I cannot think of one reason Ramsey would stay here if he hopes to ever play consistently in the NFL.

It is ridiculous IMO to think he will stay so he can sit on Washington's bench and be Mark Brunell's best buddy, and the team cheerleader of good attititude. Bull. This man will be out of here after this year. We will see more of Campbell in the pre-season but Brunell will be behind center next year barring injury.

Continuity? In today's free agency NFL? Continuity=New Contract Offers x greedy agent - team loyalty.

By the way. Does anyone know the number of former Redskins QB's that have gone on to become impact players with other teams. I know of three currently active QB's: Trent Green, Gus Ferotte, and Brad Johnson. Any others? Seems like we let an awful lot of talent slip out of the Beltway.

My thought is that Ramsey will desire to be traded and there should be interest.

There's been much debate as to what compensation he could bring.

JC is going to start needing some quality (real-world) reps at some point.

That most likely will begin next year.

I don't see Ramsey wanting to hang around and be 3rd string.

Yeah, he has fumbled, but he is the BEST in the NFL at interception percentage. He manages a game very, very well. The playcalling has been suspect lately, but thats not him.

I am in no hurry to bench Brunell for JC. We are on the cusp of becoming a very strong team. If you put JC in too soon, think we would take a step back. :2cents:

Hey, if Rich Gannon can take the Raiders to the Superbowl at 38, why can't Brunell. Let's see what he does the rest of this year before we put him out to pasture.

Continuity? In today's free agency NFL? Continuity=New Contract Offers x greedy agent - team loyalty.

By the way. Does anyone know the number of former Redskins QB's that have gone on to become impact players with other teams. I know of three currently active QB's: Trent Green, Gus Ferotte, and Brad Johnson. Any others? Seems like we let an awful lot of talent slip out of the Beltway.

Did you just mention impact player and gus ferrotte in the same sentance? :cool:

Just messin, I think that the team is in good hands, albeit not great hands with Brunnell mainly because of his fumbles. However, his veteran leadership does bring a lot to the table as far as teaching both Ramsey, Campbell and all of our other young players how to manage a game. Brunnell has been all over the league from a backup to Favre in Green Bay, to a star annual MVP candidate with a successful Jacksonville team in the mid to late 90s. Brunnell's influence on the team these years will be much more important on the young guys for the future, and hey - if we can win and compete some while we're building something.. i'm all for it!

HTTR :cheers:

Archived