Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win 5 in a row or we don't go? (Merged)

I dont think it is possible for this team to win three in a row not to mention winning out. We play TOO conservative to put together any decent win streak. We need to really open up the playbook.....when we were at 2nd n 14 trying to stay in field goal range against SD, why not a flea-flicker....or while we were just running it before they tied it up, why not? We run so much it might catch Brunell, Portis, and Moss off guard, not to mention the opposing "D".

Can we win out? You can bet on that! Will we? Only if Gibbs will stop the conservative crap and play with some more balls. If we were in Tampa's position going for 2 to win a game would we have had the guts to do that? With Gibbs? No way in hell. We need the win, win big, or don't win at all mentality. We need to start putting teams away and that means some trick plays, and going to the air.

As far as us having to win 5 in a row, if we are going to the Super Bowl we must, if we are looking for just a playoff birth, relying on others to screw up, instead of creating our own destiny is the option. We can still do this, and I hope to God that we do!

GO SKINS!

I agree. Although I think for the most part we have been playing excellent football. If we can turn around our 4th quarter play calling issues, we can make that 5 game run in my honest opinion. Now if we had a team like Cinc or Indy on our schedule, I'd be a TADDDDD more concerned, lol.

The Falcons and Vick are SOOOOO overrated it disgusts me. They won't finsih 10-6.

An NFC South collapse would be nice

Bucs- 3 straight road games, they could go 0-3, most likely 1-2. Then they play Atlanta at home. Loss, they will win the final game against the Saints. That puts them at 9-7. If they go winless on the road these next three then that is 8-8.

Falcons-Car twice, NO, Tampa and Chicago remaining. Scratch what I posted earlier. They might only win one more game. 8-8.

Giants 10-6

Boys 9-7

Skins 9-7 and in the playoffs

Playoffs week 1

Seattle and Chicago-Byes

Boys at Panthers- Panthers 23 Dallas 6

Skins at Giants-Skins 22- Giants 21

Week 2

Skins at Bears- Skins 13 Bears 9 (Sean Taylor pick six with 14:09 to go in the fourth quarter to put the skins up for good)

Panthers at Seahawks- Panthers 34 Seahawks 10

Week 3

Skins at Panthers- Panthers 23 Skins 6

This is of course just jibbirish. But it is all jibbirish at this point. No one knows what will happen. That is the beauty of the NFL.

We need to really open up the playbook.....when we were at 2nd n 14 trying to stay in field goal range against SD, why not a flea-flicker....

I had to stop reading here. Are you serious?? Flea flicker just to get into field goal range?? If we screwed that up and fumbled or if Brunell got sacked, we wouldn't hear the end of it.

THE ONLY CHANCE WE HAVE IS TO WIN OUT AND WIN THE NFC EAST.

We will NOT get in as a wild card at 10-6, or 9-7. There are too many other teams with good records, and the TB tiebreaker will kill us.

If we win out, our chances are good to win the NFC east. All we would need is whoever wins the Giants/Boys game this weekend to lose one more (besides us).

I would put our chances of winning out at about 15%.

What happens if we win out and every team in the nfc with a playoff chance wins out unless they play us? In other words do we control our destiny or not? I should do the research instead of asking...but I just don't have the time.

It's tough to say since there will be a lot of those teams playing one another. For example, if we win out, Dallas and New York can't. Same with Tampa and Atlanta since they play one another...

Odds are, if we end the season 10-6 we'll probably win the division or get the wildcard (we'd be 5-1 in our division and 10-2 in the conference).

The tough thing for us is Tampa. If we tie them, we're out so we either want them to win out (and take the division) or fall off the face of the planet and finish below us. The first option is actually more likely since they have a 2 game lead on us.

you can forget about playoffs. As long as Gibbs are calling the plays 5 in a row is out of the question

Gibbs got us to three SuperBowls with his play calling. It took ~20 years of continuous coaching to know what to do on every down. He was out of coaching for 13 years. It takes time to re-learn that back of your hand type of sense of what to call on every down. I will garn-damn-tee you that he is at Redskins Park as we speak trying to figure out what's gone wrong the last few weeks, and I'll garn-damn-tee you that no one in the NFL is more capable than Joe at figuring it out!

Gibbs got us to three SuperBowls with his play calling. It took ~20 years of continuous coaching to know what to do on every down. He was out of coaching for 13 years. It takes time to re-learn that back of your hand type of sense of what to call on every down. I will garn-damn-tee you that he is at Redskins Park as we speak trying to figure out what's gone wrong the last few weeks, and I'll garn-damn-tee you that no one in the NFL is more capable than Joe at figuring it out!

:applause: :cheers:

It's tough to say since there will be a lot of those teams playing one another. For example, if we win out, Dallas and New York can't. Same with Tampa and Atlanta since they play one another...

Odds are, if we end the season 10-6 we'll probably win the division or get the wildcard (we'd be 5-1 in our division and 10-2 in the conference).

The tough thing for us is Tampa. If we tie them, we're out so we either want them to win out (and take the division) or fall off the face of the planet and finish below us. The first option is actually more likely since they have a 2 game lead on us.

Nice. I actually think Tampa is going to tank it. I believe we can do this.

Hail!:applause:

Archived