Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading Portis for a top five draft pick

WVSkinsfan

Ok ..... so you just showed us that Portis is ahead of other running backs in this league...He's ranked 9th.....that means there are 23 other teams with worse off running backs....I think I'll be happy with a 9th over all running back...that has a tremendous amount of raw talent...Not to take away from your point or anything but...he's also only 25 yards from being 5th ranked running back in the NFL...Again I ask you...where would the skins be without him? Surely, not better off...thats for sure.

Where would the Skins be without him? Maybe 5-6. Which is where they are with him.

This thread is absurd, but the discussion about how good is Portis is not absurd.

The question I have is not whether Portis is playing well or not. He's playing fine, I guess. The questions to me is, would the Redskins be better off with Champ Bailey and Tatum Bell or Julius Jones.

Ok ..... so you just showed us that Portis is ahead of other running backs in this league...He's ranked 9th.....that means there are 23 other teams with worse off running backs....I think I'll be happy with a 9th over all running back...that has a tremendous amount of raw talent...Not to take away from your point or anything but...he's also only 25 yards from being 5th ranked running back in the NFL...Again I ask you...where would the skins be without him? Surely, not better off...thats for sure.

Hes barely ahead of Ruben Droughns and Thomas Jones... did you not get that point? These 2 are not ALL WORLD RBs. and make significantly less than Portis... which allows you to spend on other team needs.

Portis is a good RB, but not worth what hes being paid, and at this point is more a detriment to the team than anything else.

You telling me the Redskins couldnt be 5-6 without Portis this year? Its not like hes taken any games over!

I agree that the Skins line and scheme is not built for Portis. You guys need a big between-the-tackles runner instead of a shifty scatback type who thrives on zone blocking from a small, mobile O-line

We'll trade you Ron Dayne or Cecil Sapp for Portis and your 1st rounder in '06...

Archived