Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A No Show - 12th Man at Fed-X

SonnyRules

no matter how loud the fans were in fed-ex today it did not make a man hold a d lineman when we are in FG range with 40 seconds left......i coach kids 10 and 11 years old and they know better than to hold someone at that point in the game....there is NO excuse for that penilty...i just hope that something is done about it.....a play like that makes me wonder if Casey got paid on the side for something so freeking STUPID.... I would cut his ass tomorrow! PERIOD

Sonny, take a deep breath. You're all over the place here.

1) 1/5 of 90,000 is 18,000. There were not 18,000 no shows. Period.

2) People leave games early. They even did so at RFK. Really.

3) I know what your frustration is. I've already mentioned it twice, remember? And taking it out on the crowd is still misplaced.

4) Your observation that the crown "could have done a lot better" is a far cry from starting a thread essentially blaming the crowd for the loss, don't you think? :)

My observations, from down on the field, were that the place was loud as **** and the fans did their part and then some. In fact they did a whole lot better in the fourth quarter than the team did ... and for my money, that equates to coming up large.

1. Actually, I think you need to go back to the first post of this thread and re-read what I wrote. I have not mentioned anywhere that I blame the crowd for the loss...you are purposely misrepresenting what I said and I take exception to you twisting my words.

2. You knowing what my frustration is, "twice" ; is only between your ears....not mine. Please allow others to have opinions that differ from yours.

3. The official no-shows was 6,735. You do know what they mean by "offical attendence"?

4. Yeah they did leave blowout games early at RFK, but nothing like they do here at Fed-X. 3:49 left to go, with the game on the line...give me a break.

5. I'll take my deep breath by respectfully agreeing to disagree with your assessments.

Unfortunately, in a free market economy, logic will trump emotion any day. The people who are selling the tickets are trying to sell to the highest bidder and they don't care what jersey they wear. I wish people who were redskins fans would just be willing to take the tickets and sell them to face amount. Unfortunately, that is not what they want to do and it is their right to do so. It just really makes me long for the days of RFK.

there will always be empty seats, as many folks are stuck in bathroom/food lines, or just hanging out inside at the councourses. this is very noticeable on the club level.

it always takes too long to get into the stadium at the start of games.

the crowd was loud--certainly much more so than the raiders game, when our inept O disheartened everyone.

I have not missed a home game in 6 years! That includes all of the losses, and the stadium was loud, not as loud as the eagles game, but it was still loud. I agree with the assessment it takes way to long to do the following things on game day:

- Get into the stadium

- Take a leak at the stadium

- By food or drinks at the stadium

- DRIVE HOME FROM THE STADIUM - the good thing about this last one is that in years past, it hasn't taken that long to drive home from the stadium, this is due to the fact that the Redskins were not even close to winning games. Even though everyone is pissed off about the three straight losses, they have been good, exciting close games. Better than the product delivered by Norv, Marty, and SS!!!!

Archived