Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A No Show - 12th Man at Fed-X

SonnyRules

Just got back from the game and I have to say how disappointed I was with the 12th Man today.

Forget the fact that there were way too many empty seats....looked about 4/5 full; that's approximately 18,000 no shows (even the scalpers couldn't give away tickets); but this crowd sat on it's collective hands nearly the whole game.

It was pitiful that the announcer had to start the "De-Fense" chat just to get the crowd into the game.

This would never have happened at RFK.

I don't know where you were sitting but I was on the lower level and the fans DID get loud. Look at all the false start penalties they had. This crowd was MUCH louder than the Raiders crowd..which was by far the quietest crowd of the year. The 12th man has brought it strong all year including today....don't let another tough less cloud that !!!!

The weird thing is, Fed Ex Field hardly, if ever comes off loud in TV. The one game that seemed extremely loud on TV was the Eagles home game. I mean even if 20,000 people no-show, that still leaves 70k which is more then some other stadiums hold, yet Fed Ex still doesn't come off very loud on TV.

My Take:

I was there, I was loud and the fans that showed made an impact. (3-4 false starts and we forced Brees to take a Time Out and I think we we disrupted their timing on passes).

To the fans that showed......you did good today. Much better than the Raiders game. We showed that we are great fans and we were loud (about 60,000 of us).

I have no voice right now.

However,

I am becoming ever so annoyed by the empty seats (which sadly will be filled with Cowturd fans next home game :mad: ).

People, you pay for these seats......please show up and represent. Or give/sell the tickets to fans waiting on the waiting list desperate to see the Redskins play.

I think FedEx's seat number needs to be cut by 20,000- remove the scalpers and the people who only own tickets to sell them, also remove the brokers.

And in those new empty seats put in a new JUMBOTRON that is even bigger and better than the one at M&T.

We have the largest stadium in the league, with some of the best fans and we probably pay more than any other team's fan to see the Skins blow a 17-7 lead. We ought to have a stadium that is the best in the NFL......period.

The weird thing is, Fed Ex Field hardly, if ever comes off loud in TV. The one game that seemed extremely loud on TV was the Eagles home game. I mean even if 20,000 people no-show, that still leaves 70k which is more then some other stadiums hold, yet Fed Ex still doesn't come off very loud on TV.

You are right ...the Eagles game was off the hook...today's game was like a funeral palor.

There may of be some sections that were really loud, but overall the noise level was very poor.

I think FedEx's seat number needs to be cut by 20,000- remove the scalpers and the people who only own tickets to sell them, also remove the brokers.

And in those new empty seats put in a new JUMBOTRON that is even bigger and better than the one at M&T.

We have the largest stadium in the league, with some of the best fans and we probably pay more than any other team's fan to see the Skins blow a 17-7 lead. We ought to have a stadium that is the best in the NFL......period.

Great idea but will NEVER happen...this is an organization that insists on selling obstructed view seating and packaging every available ticket with a Tailgate Club and selling it to whoever will pay the cash. It's about revenue....not about trying to recreate the intimate setting of RFK. Every year I gladly fork over several thousand dollars in February with renewed optimism but by the end of November I feel like I've been had once again.....paying exorbitant prices for an inferior product....

Just got back from the game and I have to say how disappointed I was with the 12th Man today.

Forget the fact that there were way too many empty seats....looked about 4/5 full; that's approximately 18,000 no shows (even the scalpers couldn't give away tickets); but this crowd sat on it's collective hands nearly the whole game.

It was pitiful that the announcer had to start the "De-Fense" chat just to get the crowd into the game.

This would never have happened at RFK.

The Eagles game was loud because it was a Sunday Night game and they're a big rival. The Cowboys game will be rockin'. Biggest rivals.

I don't know what stadium you were at, but from where I was sitting it was loud as hell.

Like I said previously; some sections might have been loud and I can understand why some might think I was in another area code....but; when the announcer has to start a chats when the defense is on the field (something I never heard before, by the way) just to get some kind of noise going...I think that is pathetic.

Yeah, the Skins let us down today, but the 12th man just didn't show up. :2cents:

Sonny, I have to disagree - I was there and it was pretty loud today. Not as loud as the Eagles game or a few other games this year, but it was solid. Not the best, not the worst.

The no shows were somewhat pathetic but it seems to always be like this for games Thanksgiving weekend. People need to sell their tickets and give them to someone that wants to go!

It seems in this computer age that the Skins could track which tickets go unused.... What if they came up with a computerized ticket-turn in policy for people that can't go to the game, they could contact the Redskins ticket office, and then the Skins could sell those tickets on gameday. That would bring in a lot of hungry fans and instantly improve the atmosphere every week at Fed-Ex!

And maybe they could impose a penalty for fans that do not turn in tickets and no-show for more than 2 games a season. Give them a warning letter, then if they do it again, take their season tickets away.

:applause:

Great idea but will NEVER happen...this is an organization that insists on selling obstructed view seating and packaging every available ticket with a Tailgate Club and selling it to whoever will pay the cash. It's about revenue....not about trying to recreate the intimate setting of RFK. Every year I gladly fork over several thousand dollars in February with renewed optimism but by the end of November I feel like I've been had once again.....paying exorbitant prices for an inferior product....

Yeah, hate to say it.....but some of my optimism on FedEx turning into RFK 2 has also been diminished. But I can still hope. I know the Skins execs. read this board (The Official Board of the Redskins) and I hope they get the point that this can be a very special stadium (much like RFK).........but they have to do their part also.

My part is, I pay for my season tickets/parking pass. I come to the game and cheer for my team, purchase food/beer/sodas/programs/merchandise. And I make sure those seats are filled (either with my butt or another Redskin fan's butt). All I ask is to think about it and maybe come up with something that NFL fans will think is pretty cool.

Archived