Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dont Start Crying And Blaming Gibbs!

GoForIt

Gibbs coaches scared these days.

That is NOT what Gibbs used to be all about.

O MAN DID you hit right on the head!! it is so true i love gibbs an have been a skins fan for 20+ years but joe is coaching scared! run run pass punt wont get it done in the 4th,, i remeber joe in the 80 s calling 3 to 4 deep passes a game how many long balls did they attempt today? 0!! then again moss jacobs an farris are no posse

Gibbs coaches scared these days.

That is NOT what Gibbs used to be all about.

I hate to admit it but I think this is true. In the past this team would not have gone so conservative with a lead. It seams that week after week we get up in the game and start playing to protect that lead.

And for those of you blaming the holding call that took them out of field goal range don't forget there were 3 STRAIGHT penalties on the defense when they wer driving in the final drive for the tie.:mad:

They can't keep playing scared. It seems like they have been trying to keep from losing instead of trying to win. I'm sure that we can find plenty of smaller things to nitpick about, but this is a team effort, regardless of whether we are winning or losing. I'm just sad to see my wonderful Redskins playing as if they have no heart. That starts with the coaches, and trickles down to the players.

This game is entirely Gibbs fault, stop making excuses. 3 straight weeks 4th quarter lead lost.

The defense played great versus a scoring machine, offense passed well, rushed decently, and we won the turnover battle +3. So how did we lose? Gibbs played not to loose. And lost again.

This game is entirely Gibbs fault, stop making excuses. 3 straight weeks 4th quarter lead lost.

The defense played great versus a scoring machine, offense passed well, rushed decently, and we won the turnover battle +3. So how did we lose? Gibbs played not to loose. And lost again.

I hold the gutless players accountable first, the clueless head coach who does not know he has gutless players second.

Iceman, I was a coach and a player, yes, Gibbs is a nfl coach, yes, it's hard to call plays but his play calling was horrible, the chargers were calling the plays out before the skins ran them. That tells me as a coach I'm very predictable. I expect that at the high school level but as a nfl coach, no team should be able to call out your plays as much as the chargers did.

This board is bad enough after a loss without you flooding it with useless threads.

Do your part and act your age. Read the forum rules if you wanna post here.

Forum Rules

Sorry didnt mean to flood, the first few posts said hit refresh so i tried deleting them. As far as my threds, if you dont like them then f off and dont read them. I have 0 tolerance for crybabies and will tell you just like it is!

Pass the KoolAid! Did Rabach cost us 6 of the last 8 games? Gibbs was beat at home, 2 weeks in a row, with everything at stake by two former Redskin coaches who were dismissed for non-playoff seasons. We've lost 3 consecutive games while having a lead in the 4th quarter. You would think that the second coming of coaches, the guru known for his ability to grasp and adjust to game situations, could have mustered at least one offensive play to have secured at least one of those 3 leads. It really doesn't matter; everyone played their guts out and Tony Stewart wins. It's a good thing that reputation is of value; Well it's good for Gibbs, I would argue that it's a liability for the organization and the fans.

To me, this reflect the problems across the board. Gibbs has approached his whole coaching philosophy this time around with a 'dont lose' attitude rather than a 'let win' attitude.

You can see it from Day 1 when he went out to get MB. He had a potential up and coming gunslinger in PR, but he didnt want a player who might have hot streaks followed by mistakes. He wanted his Super Smart veteran QB who wont take chances, but hopefully wont make many mistakes.

He's harped on Turnovers all year and we still commit them....left and right. Well guess what...we were +3 today and it made no difference. We still lost in a close fight in the 4th quarter. What does that tell me? Turnovers are NOT the end of the world, but playing not to lose rather than playing to win IS.

Tell me what I'm missing here with ramming Portis into the line twice for 5 yards, having Super Smart MB throw the ball away on 3rd on a Max Protect, punting it for 37 yards and giving up 10 yards on the run back....What is the diffence between that and giving the ball up 30 seconds earlier on a 30-40 yard downfield INT? The end result is the same, but you never gave yourself the CHANCE to do anything in the former case.

To me, the NFL is like everything else...if you take no risks, you rarely get any reward. We are SO much better when we start out losing and have to come back because we leave all that run-the-clock-out crap at the door and come in and make the plays that we CAN make.

Gibbs isnt giving his players a chance to win the game. He is putting in the hands of the opposing team to win or lose. Last year we had a 'good' defense, but this year its above average at best, but not smothering or usually threatening. We've seen that week in and week out. So does it make sense to ANYONE to constantly try and put the game in their hands after they've been on the field all game with the offense sputtering? Your offense is fresh! USE them! TRY and score.

Anyways, like many others, I have a LOT of respect for Gibbs and what he did for the Skins in the past. But today it really does seem like he is more worried about not losing than he is about winning and that just doesnt produce results in the modern NFL.

I think its time he either adjusts (quickly) or else concedes that this isnt what he had expected when he came back and move up to a FO position. The 'old ways' just arent getting the hoped for results so its time to move up or move on. I'd certainly prefer that he adjusts rather than give up, but I'd rather see him leave than continue to try ramming a square peg into a round hole!

Archived