Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. WILL NOT BE released...MULTI MERGED!

NewAgeSkins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234459

PHILADELPHIA -- An arbitrator has upheld the Philadelphia Eagles' four-game suspension of Terrell Owens, and the team has the right to deactivate him.

During his weekly press conference earlier in the day, coach Andy Reid refused say what he would do in response to the arbitrator's ruling.

Arbitrator Richard Bloch heard more than 13 hours of arguments last week.

Owens' side argued the penalty is excessive and the Eagles' plan, which is to deactivate him when that time is up, is too severe. Owens sought reinstatement to the Eagles or a release so he can sign with another team.

The Eagles maintained the suspension was fair and are willing to pay Owens about $1 million to stay home the final five games.

Owens was suspended Nov. 5 after he again criticized quarterback Donovan McNabb, called the organization "classless" and fought with former teammate Hugh Douglas, who serves as team "ambassador."

Two days later, the Eagles extended the suspension to four games and told Owens not to return to the team. The reigning conference champions are 0-3 without Owens and 4-6 overall, last in the NFC East.

Owens has five years remaining on a seven-year, $48.97 million contract that he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004. His problems started when he demanded a new contract after an outstanding season in which he caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns, helping the Eagles reach the Super Bowl.

With Owens, the Eagles are 17-5 over two seasons. Without him, they're 2-5, including two meaningless losses and two playoff wins

I guess now we'll see the sincerity of Owens' during (the various versions of) his apologies by his actions now that he no longer feels he needs anything from either the Eagles or the arbitrator.

he'll still be playing the innocent victim untill he gets signed with another team.

This ruling is good not only for the Iggles, but for the entire NFL. I'm sick of these pampered athletes crying and getting their way. The Iggles were a good team before T.O, and they will be good after him. Just not this year. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My only question now is, Do we have to suffer through T.O as a guest analyst on NFL Sunday countdown, or Fox Pregame show. Didn't Keshaun end up doing game analysis after he was made inactive?

I guess now we'll see the sincerity of Owens' during (the various versions of) his apologies by his actions now that he no longer feels he needs anything from either the Eagles or the arbitrator.

oh he still needs things from the Eagles.... namely dollar bills.... he is still under contract and if he does anything further I'm sure they could suspend him again w/o pay as opposed to deactivating him with pay...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles go after some signing bonus $$ now that the suspension was upheld...

oh he still needs things from the Eagles.... namely dollar bills.... he is still under contract and if he does anything further I'm sure they could suspend him again w/o pay as opposed to deactivating him with pay...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles go after some signing bonus $$ now that the suspension was upheld...

I believe the maximum that a player can be suspended under the current collective bargaining agreement is four games. Therefore, the eagles cannot suspend T.O any further.

Maybe, but if he's a big enough pain in the arse when he returns to the practice facility, locker room, etc., he may be banking that he'll get released. I can see an out and out war developing here.

Maybe, but if he's a big enough pain in the arse when he returns to the practice facility, locker room, etc., he may be banking that he'll get released. I can see an out and out war developing here.

when you're suspended, you can be told not to come on the property. - That's what Tampa did with Keyshawn.

Archived