Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD--SKINS/raiders

Blondie

Portis should not wear any funny costumes this weak. Nothing about the season this year is funny. They need to get nasty. Like lavar and Sean. The team needs to take on that mentality in the locker room and on the field.

I've been saying that for a long time. The fact that you've got "team leaders" doing the crap they've been doing shows the lack of maturity on the team. If you've got major pieces of your roster who don't take their jobs seriously, this is what happens.

people said last year that the giants took warner out to early and look how good its helped eli for tis year. i think we should do the same.

I tend to agree with you--we need to know where this team is heading. I think the David Patten signing sucked balls by the way Navy

Who said the Raiders were inferior?

Their D Line is huge Sapp and TEd Washington, they have two pro bowl WRs, lamont jordan is a very good running back, they have an oline of 1st rounders their DBs can field a 4 x 100 relay team.

Their primary weakness is Norv and Collins decision making

And now I am wearing silver and black for the week but my wife being a gracious winner is still going to wearing the burgundy and gold babydoll and console me

man we suck, every year we suck, our offense sucks, our defense is pathetic...we just lost to the Raiders. I hope everyone realizes we just missed the playoffs. Dont give me the it aint over yet crap...of our 6 games left we might win 1...if were lucky 2. The Giants exposed that we dont have an offense now all teams are just doubling Moss and rushing only 4 people....real dissapointing.

Ashamed

Bo$$

What horrible draft decisions?

carlos rogers with the 9th overall pick. he stinks. zero impact this season. safe to say that was horrible value. but i am sure you were one of those who disagreed with me when i said that the portis for tatum bell and bailey trade was bad value. then jason cambell traded up to get him after just one good season at auburn. we should have drafted for need. next year when we have a high 1st round pick we will have squandered it for a guy who wont be playing for at least another 2 years

ps i love portis but that does not mean he would have been good value. would we be better of with champ and tatum bell or portis. we need an experienced gm

This loss is hard to take.

I still haven't gave up on this team, but we need somebody else to make plays besides Moss and Cooley. On defense we are giving there QB waaay to much time to find somebody open. We need a pass rushing DE in the worst way. Gregg Williams can do only so much with no pressure from the front four.

i have followed the skins since 82, and i really have to say they suck right now.

why is it the teams we should beat ,beat us

i have given up on the redskins,they have no backbone and greg williams lost his brain while gibbs found his. along with the bad officiating and this team is doomed. i have one question for the team...why don't you get pissed and blow away the competition, other than that at least show the cheerleaders more so we can watch something good

sign me shut me up and win, :P

What horrible draft decisions?

Let's be realists here. We have not drafted well on day two in forever and some would even say we were not that effective in day one this past year, although that has yet to be seen in my opinion. I do know that our first day picks have not contributed in the short term thus far.

We drafted a fullback who was supposed to play H back in the 4th round when a pass rushing DE who had dropped was available and we were stacked at H back. I have to tell you, that moved baffled me at the time. The team admitted that our lack of pressure on the QB was a problem this week so Canty could have really helped us this year.

I don't know, I am just really disappointed in this team.

carlos rogers with the 9th overall pick. he stinks. zero impact this season. safe to say that was horrible value. but i am sure you were one of those who disagreed with me when i said that the portis for tatum bell and bailey trade was bad value. then jason cambell traded up to get him after just one good season at auburn. we should have drafted for need. next year when we have a high 1st round pick we will have squandered it for a guy who wont be playing for at least another 2 years

ps i love portis but that does not mean he would have been good value. would we be better of with champ and tatum bell or portis. we need an experienced gm

We have to give some more time to the Rogers pick. It is too early to say that he stinks.

Regarding the Portis trade, I think that you are forgetting that Champ did not want to be a Redskin. Not only that but at the time he it became obvious that he was not a shut down corner. He is a great corner but not all that he was built up to be. He made it clear that he was not going to resign and he publically disparaged the team. The options were trade him or lose him for nothing. We got Portis who is one of the best backs in the league in exchange. Sure we had to give up that pick but picks are speculative. I think it was a smart move.

Archived