Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Extreme Weight Loss Stories For Fat Guys???

qcraftsman

I lost about 40 lbs. I just went low sodium for my bloodpreasure. When I cut out salt, I also cut out most of the bad for me foods I was eating. I actually need to go back to that. My blood preassure has krept back up along with abou 10lbs of the 40 I lost. Oh, and I try to row or rund for 30min a day, but I did that while gaining the 10 lbs back too.

I don't know, I'm not one of those people who can stick to a regimented lifestyle. I also tend to get leg injuries (not severe) that stop me from running as much as I would like. I also have things to do and don't know how people fit in working out EVERY day. I think everything I've read indicates that working out every day is not a good thing, but then I read that we should be getting 6 cardio workouts a week (or at least brisk walking for half of that) for 30-40 minutes. I tend to do pushups and abdominal exercises.

Last January with all the holiday sweets I was up to 208. Now I'm around 198-99 but I also gained a couple pounds of muscle. Sadly, I think I still need to get to 188 to be more 'cut' and 180-185 to really be proud when I take my top off.

I don't eat a ton of food and I'm off and on with sodas and the like and I still can't seem to lose this last 10 lbs. I'm at the point where I'm running then walking a distance the next day then running after that. Weight lifting would help, but all I have is a bowflex and I know that isn't as effective. I've even taken to doing curls with the water cooler jug (has a handle.)

I don't know if I'd be better served trying to gain some muscle and naturally burning fat(since muscle burns more and weight lifting lifts metabolic rates) or continuing to try to just burn what I have.

It's frustrating.

Archived