Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox 360 (One week to go)

SUNSTONE

I can't wait!

Microsoft has done a great job with the xbox. Especially the online side of it.

So I look for them to be even better with the 360.

One thing they did was go out and get every videogame producer to make games for the system.

The only 2 guys that won't be making games are Nintendo and Sony's main game makers.

Who's getting one on launch?

Guest sith lord
I can't wait!

Microsoft has done a great job with the xbox. Especially the online side of it.

So I look for them to be even better with the 360.

One thing they did was go out and get every videogame producer to make games for the system.

The only 2 guys that won't be making games are Nintendo and Sony's main game makers.

Who's getting one on launch?

I will. I'll probably be getting Madden 06 on Friday.

Guest sith lord
Thinking about getting it on lauch. Just for Perfect Dark.

I really don't feel like paying that much though, so....we'll see....

Put it on lay away.

I think it's well worth it.

Systems have almost always been 300$ when they come out.

It also depends where you purchased it at, some places charged more.

So an extra 100 is nothing especially considering everything that comes with that extra money.

I remember paying 65$ for Street Fighter 2 Turbo, MK1 and 2, Crono Trigger, etc. And those were all SNES titles.

To me, it's just plain stupid and cheap to wait a whole year just for the chance that this system will drop 100 dollars.

I make more than 100 a day. So for me I can't justify waiting 360 days just to save, not even, one day's worth of pay.

For some reason I don't have a great desire to rush out and get it. If the next GTA was being released with it or something I really wanted, I guess I'd get it. But based on the games set for release I don't see anything I'm dying to play. When there is a game I must have, I'll probably get it.

I also want to hear some real world experiences with the unit. Especially the stuff that it can do outside of playing games.

I preordered a while back, so I'll have it on launch day. I've already got an HDTV, so the new titles and the fact that Halo and Halo2 will play in 'high res' mode makes it a easy choice to upgrade.

From bungie's official website (just in case you haven't heard)

"But here's another bonus – the hardware in the 360 can do a lot of nifty stuff, and specifically in the cases of Halo and Halo 2, it can display the graphics in wide screen, at 720p, with full scene anti-aliasing. And it doesn't look kludgy, artifacty or smeary like an upscanning DVD player. The best way to describe it is that both games look like they're running on a PC at those resolutions."

For some reason I don't have a great desire to rush out and get it. If the next GTA was being released with it or something I really wanted, I guess I'd get it. But based on the games set for release I don't see anything I'm dying to play. When there is a game I must have, I'll probably get it.

I also want to hear some real world experiences with the unit. Especially the stuff that it can do outside of playing games.

Same with me, I'll wait a few months, until the initial rushes die down. Perfect Dark I'm sure will be pretty sweet, and Madden of course, and I saw someone playing Call of Duty 2 at BestBuy and it looked awesome, but I'm not dying to throw out $450-500 as long as good games are still coming out for the current consoles and until some more games come out for 360. If I try it and love it and it's getting rave reviews by everyone though, maybe I'll put some of my end-of-year bonus towards one.

I think it's well worth it.

Systems have almost always been 300$ when they come out.

It also depends where you purchased it at, some places charged more.

So an extra 100 is nothing especially considering everything that comes with that extra money.

Yeah I know and there's about a 99.999% chance I'll get next week. Still....

If there's going to come down off the price anyway, why not do it now :whoknows:

Anyway, I really can't wait to play it!

Madden, Call of Duty, Perfect Dark, eventually Halo 3 :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Should keep me busy until PS3 comes out

There are still plenty of games on the PS2 I want to play first:

GTA:SA (I'm only 10% done)

Rachet and Clank UYA

Tiger Woods '04

Mercenaries

Gran Turismo 4

and since I don't get to play much it will be a long time before I need the next system. By then I'll know more whether I should bet a 360 or PS3 and there will be some good used games at a decent price.

- Vidcam

- Media Center, you'll be able to play all formats on the 360. MP3's, DVD's, CD's, and everything inbetween.

- You'll be able to recieve and send messages at anytime. So if you're watching a movie, or playing an offline game, you can still talk to your friends(as long as you have cable internet, but you don't need to buy xbox live to use this)

- Instead of getting demo's/previews in magazines, you'll now get them through your xbox live.(you won't need xbox live to get them, you just need cable service)

Also movie previews will come to your your 360.

- USB ports for the controllers. So I'm sure that's going to play a role for KB+M, as well as using your controller on PC.

- You can put your music on the 360 to work at anytime on any game.

- Wireless controllers. This time they are the real deal! And what's even better you can turn your system on or off with your controller.

- Digital Pics and Movies. I'm not sure how this works, but you can hook up your PC, PSP, or anything like that to your 360 to download things like pictures and I think movies or small movie clips.

I bet there will be a function to record yourself playing, I'm not sure.

- Media Center, you'll be able to play all formats on the 360. MP3's, DVD's, CD's, and everything inbetween.

That's what I'm particularly interested in (outside of gaming). I want to play with it and see how well it functions as a media center (navigation). I'm not hopeful on this aspect though. Especially since all of my music files are vorbis (ogg) and the hard drive is rather small.

Same with me, I'll wait a few months, until the initial rushes die down. Perfect Dark I'm sure will be pretty sweet, and Madden of course, and I saw someone playing Call of Duty 2 at BestBuy and it looked awesome, but I'm not dying to throw out $450-500 as long as good games are still coming out for the current consoles and until some more games come out for 360. If I try it and love it and it's getting rave reviews by everyone though, maybe I'll put some of my end-of-year bonus towards one.

I don't think that good games are still coming out for the consoles.

I mean, they are ok. But when you're looking at the qaulity of the 360 games, then I think the old consoles have just been left in the dust.

The system is something like 20 times stronger than the original xbox.

To put it another way, up until now, all systems just doubled in strength.

This is the only system that has cut through all of that and busted the roof off the place!

I have been over these past consoles for almost a year.

I still enjoy xbox live, but that has to do with hanging out with cool friends, rather than the games.

I have never been one to keep a list of games to play and finish before I moved on to the next game.

I would spend a fortune if I did that. I just go with the flow.

That's what I'm particularly interested in (outside of gaming). I want to play with it and see how well it functions as a media center (navigation). I'm not hopeful on this aspect though. Especially since all of my music files are vorbis (ogg) and the hard drive is rather small.

I'm curious myself.

They may bust out with a big HD for it, and a movie editing program for it.

Just imagine filming things around you, and recording your games, then taking any song/s you want and make movies or music videos.

How awesome would that be?

Make a music video about your teams season on Perfect Dark, and then put it on your front page.

That's another thing, you get your own website of sorts. I'm not sure the limitations of it.

But I know you can change how it looks(color and designes), put pictures in it. Maybe you can put music and or a video.

I have a question about the xbox 360. Can I play my old games from my xbox on the 360? Also whats the difference between the core system and the deluxe model?

Yes you can play your old games.

The deluxe system has a Hard Drive, wireless controller, special tv cables of some sort. Plus a few other things that have escaped my memory.

Pay the 100$ more, it's well worth it, because you need something to save your games. And a memory card costs 35$.

Even still you can't download extra content online for your games.

Archived