Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's the players fault.

stevenaa

There is one reason the team lost this game. The players didn't get it done. You can spin it however you chose, but when it comes down to it, the men on the field didn't get it done. They can't continue to turn the ball over and win games. Blaming the refs is assanine. The team doesn't turn the ball over, and that force out call never happens. I don't think Allstot got in, but the evidence was not conclusive. If the table was turned and that was CP, you'd all be arguing that very point.

All the negativism and blame games after a loss make this board a miserable place to visit. How about some thoughtful analysis instead of knee jerk rants that aren't even based in fact or reality.

There is one reason the team lost this game. The players didn't get it done. You can spin it however you chose, but when it comes down to it, the men on the field didn't get it done. They can't continue to turn the ball over and win games. Blaming the refs is assanine. The team doesn't turn the ball over, and that force out call never happens. I don't think Allstot got in, but the evidence was not conclusive. If the table was turned and that was CP, you'd all be arguing that very point.

All the negativism and blame games after a loss make this board a miserable place to visit. How about some thoughtful analysis instead of knee jerk rants that aren't even based in fact or reality.

So you're saying the refs get the right to make bad calls because the Skins turned the ball over? :doh: :rolleyes: Lets say the Skins didn't turn the ball over and punted and then Tampa completes the same play to Galloway. Are the refs to blame in that one? I never knew turning the ball over excuses the refs to make a horrible call.

I agree with you 100%. Extremeskins is truly a miserable place to visit after a loss.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

Two Points:

1. Stevenaa- you are completely correct about this loss falling 100% on the players. The 1st half play of Mark Brunell, the TERRIBLE play of Prioleau/Harris/Rogers, and our ZERO pass rush from BOTH our dline and any blitz packages we brought cost us the game.

2. Bad calls are part of the NFL. When you have a great team, you make up for the bad calls during the game with exceptional play, and no one remembers them. When you are a less than great team, the calls are what everyone wants to point to as the reason for the loss but its not. I wont argue with anyone that we didn't get royally screwed out there yesterday, but we should have been able to overcome it.

System wide problems are not the players fault.

2004 Redskins Defense -

81.5 Rushing Yards per Game

186.1 Passing Yards per Game

16.6 Points per Game

2.5 Sacks per Game

1.65 Take Aways per Game

2005 Redskins Defense -

113.2 Rushing Yards per Game

182.1 Passing Yards per Game

20.6 Points per Game

1.55 Sacks per game

0.77 take Aways per game

We have improved in ONE category fallen in the other 4. That amigos is not the fault of the players, that is front office/Coaching.

System wide problems are not the players fault.

2004 Redskins Defense -

81.5 Rushing Yards per Game

186.1 Passing Yards per Game

16.6 Points per Game

2.5 Sacks per Game

1.65 Take Aways per Game

2005 Redskins Defense -

113.2 Rushing Yards per Game

182.1 Passing Yards per Game

20.6 Points per Game

1.55 Sacks per game

0.77 take Aways per game

How can you say that its front office and coaching? We have 9 starters on defense that were here last year.

We have improved in ONE category fallen in the other 4. That amigos is not the fault of the players, that is front office/Coaching.

for some reason my reply didn't show up.

I said:

How can you say that, we have 9 starters on defense this year that were here last year.

I agree with the fact that the "team" lost. Turnovers and penalties killed us. But i also think that home field advantage played a part. No way that ref says Alstott scores if the game was at Fed Ex. The ref guessed. That cost us the game. Also Greg Williams needs to realize that blitzing is burning us. The skins have had 0 sacks in 3 different games this year. Why Blitz? It isn't working. All the talk before the season was "well the skins defense is great, but can they score enough points to win?". Well, 9 games into the season the defense is failing and the offense is playing good. The defense has disappointed this year plain and simple. Trading away Bailey and Smoot has cost us. Pierce is doing great in New York, and Skins fans everywhere are scratching their heads. :mad:

Everyone is at fault, every player and every coach.

Players need to step up especially the D-Line and coaches need to make 100% sure that they are putting every player in the best possible position to make plays.

To blame one or the other, or one player or one coach is unfair considering that football games are composed of numerous game changing plays.

I agree that the fair weather fans show who they really are Sunday night and Monday after a loss, sad almost because these will be the same guys yelling Super Bowl if we beat the Raiders next week.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

How can you say that, we have 9 starters on defense this year that were here last year.

We had a problem with the front four last year. Did we improve? No. The coaches decided that the addition of Phillip Daniels, who was hurt most of last year, would be enough. With no added young players or talent one injury, turned a ok/average line on passing downs into a very poor line that is a team liability. If this isn't the coaching (the D-line coach was high on Daniels and holdman) or front office (no significant additions to a bad unit) then who's is it?

Not to mention that it is now very clear that we have downgraded at corner back. There is a reason Smoot started over Harris and the reasons are becoming very clear.

Our draft did almost nothing to help us this year....

1 9 Rogers, Carlos CB 6-0 199 Auburn

1 25 Campbell, Jason QB 6-4 223 Auburn

4 120 White, Manuel FB 6-2 244 UCLA

5 154 McCune, Robert ILB 6-0 243 Louisville

6 183 Newberry, Jared OLB 6-1 234 Stanford

7 222 Broughton, Nehemiah FB 5-11 250 The Citadel

Rogers is playing this year and the Campbell pick is for the future so I think those are fine. Look at the rest however and tell me which of those guys has made any impact this year.

Not arguing that the Defense isn't as good as it was last year. But it is good enough to win games. You can't overstate the impact of Griffin and Taylors absence. But from the perspective of this game, if the Offense doesn't turn the ball over, they don't lose the game.

Archived