Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD--SKINS/Bucs

Blondie

This game has absolutely nothing to do with the officiating today. Joe Gibbs conservative playcalling on 3rd and 2 late in this game cost us. End of story. Enough of the refs conspiracy bullcrap,ok?

We had a chance to ice this game and Gibbs got timid with the playbook.

What would you say if they passed the ball and it was incomplete? Would you blame gibbs playcalling for the loss as well? Fact of the matter is that they had been moving the ball for 6/7 yards a play on the ground up till that point, why not run it and not risk an interception? We lost the game and thats the bottom line, I just happen to believe that the officiating sucked. It didn't cost us the game, we did that on our own with our poor defense in the secondary. At least the Giants lost!

:gaintsuck

I don't want to hear ANYTHING about the refs!!!! You can't convert on 3rd down and 2 with the game on the line, don't have deep coverage with a minute left in the game, jump offsides, turn the ball over- you lose.

They're not a playoff team- yet. But they fought back SO hard- they'll get there.

I don't want to hear ANYTHING about the refs!!!! You can't convert on 3rd down and 2 with the game on the line, don't have deep coverage with a minute left in the game, jump offsides, turn the ball over- you lose.

They're not a playoff team- yet. But they fought back SO hard- they'll get there.

I agree we played conservative ***** football and deserve to lose with that defense...

but the refs still sucked as per usual also and in a close game that matters..

Shut up about Gibbs' playcalling, you fair weather fans! He gave the ball to his hottest player to get 2 yards. It wasn't a bad call. The poor coverage by the DBs is what cost us the game. Gibbs is an excellent coach.

I agree. Our secondary is the ones that lost the game for us. That was horrible coverage by Walt Harris. We played hard, but our secondary was exposed badly today. We missed Sean Taylor in the worst way!

What would you say if they passed the ball and it was incomplete?

Hindsight is 20/20, but all else being equal an incomplete pass gives us the ball back with an extra 45 seconds. And maybe with 1:30 to go, Gruden might even decide to go for the tie.

I think most of us are upset at the type of run more than running per se. Really, if you made up 10 plays to consider could you have come up with anything more conservative? I think there was some great play calling during the second half, but that last run was playing not to lose, on the road, against a team that had been moving the ball at will...

OKAY, I'm getting pretty mad... IT'S ONLY ONE GAME, get off the bandwagon if you want. As for me, I still think we are a legitamate playoff contender. This game was nothing like the Giants game. They took us down to the wire just like we had done for Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, Detroit, Philly, this time we were on the other side, protecting a lead. As you can see, if we did it to those teams, it must not be that easy to protect a lead in that situation. I have been a fan as long as I can remember, I am upset that we lost, but like I said earlier, we are still going to make it to the playoffs.

Jump off the bandwagon, I hope you can swim to shore because by the time you realize that you jumped too soon, the bandwagon boat will be too far away for you to catch up.

it is ashame that with all the money and technology that the nfl has, that we can still have games decided by people that clearly can see alstot's elbow touch the green part of the grass (by about 5 inches) not the white stripe on the ground. these games decide people's career. one game in the nfl is like 25 games in baseball. this is very sad. i know it wouldnt happen but i believe the nfl should credit the redskins with the win and give the bucs the loss or take the 2 pionts away and let them play out the last 58 seconds again. i sorry im just venting.

Archived