Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumors of T.O to dallas?

schmitty199

Eagles wont release him this year.. now next year is a different story.. I know how we all feel about TO but heck if that is the case I say we pic him up. I dont want him to end up in cowtown.

Like i said i dont have much of a opinion on it at the moment..........hes a great player just think what he would do for dallas ON the field. Bledsoe can really huck the deep ball. Owens glenn keyshawn crayton price witten.........

But the more important issue would he ruin another teams locker room and cause distractions if 1 little thing upsets him?

yeah, I think the Eagles (if they can keep him till the end of the year) will trade him to the AFC....to Denver. For maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I wouldnt be surprised if noone would trade for t.o because they know there arent many teams that want him and know if nobody trades for him there just gonna cut him. Maybe he will be cut before the seasons over...........

the problem with T.O. is that he has burned so many bridges with players and coaches from around the league, that he is going to have trouble going a lot of places....plus, no one will sign him to any more than a one year deal at best, with behavioral clauses....the sad thing is that the dude is a beast, arguably the best WR in the game (course guys like Steve Smith and our surprising Santana Moss might argue that) and most teams woulkd be blessed to have someone of his level on their squad.....why guys like him find the need to act like that, when they could just let their play do the talking, I will never understand

And I really dont have a opinion on this because i dont think it will ever happen...........eagles wouldnt allow it............. i cant belive parcells would ever allow it

Parcells has actually said "he doesnt know much about the player." That was said in yesterdays press conference. He also said that "the way T.O. got ready for the super bowl after that injury really impressed him, and he would put up with a lot from a guy if he was with him on sunday." That said, I dont see Philly releasing him this year, mainly because its what owens wants, and god forbid he get what he wants......if they do, I wouldnt mind him being in dallas simply because the guy can play!! Pick him up just for the rest of the year, and if it doesnt then cut him, we wont suffer a cap penalty, and we wouldnt have paid him much because we'd only owe him the remainder of his salary from this year!! Not as much risk as signing him to a long term deal.!!

the problem with T.O. is that he has burned so many bridges with players and coaches from around the league, that he is going to have trouble going a lot of places....plus, no one will sign him to any more than a one year deal at best, with behavioral clauses....the sad thing is that the dude is a beast, arguably the best WR in the game (course guys like Steve Smith and our surprising Santana Moss might argue that) and most teams woulkd be blessed to have someone of his level on their squad.....why guys like him find the need to act like that, when they could just let their play do the talking, I will never understand

he wont have a problem going to another team, he will just have a contract full of incentives. he wont get a garaunteed anything, it will be full of what ifs, which I think is really funny cuz if you give a guy like T.O. an incentive based contract, it may come back to haunt you.....

yeah, I think the Eagles (if they can keep him till the end of the year) will trade him to the AFC....to Denver. For maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

You guys should really pay attention.

TO is under contract with the Eagles.

They can't trade him this year because the trading deadline has passed.

He's due a 5 million dollar roster bonus in March I believe.

Once he doesn't get the 5 Mil, he's a free agent.

Case closed.

There will be no trading TO for draft picks. The Eagles get nothing.

You guys should really pay attention.

TO is under contract with the Eagles.

They can't trade him this year because the trading deadline has passed.

He's due a 5 million dollar roster bonus in March I believe.

Once he doesn't get the 5 Mil, he's a free agent.

Case closed.

There will be no trading TO for draft picks. The Eagles get nothing.

Way to starighten things out!! I didnt want tog et that rudamentary being new and all, pretty plain and simple though.....I didnt want to insult anyones knowledge of the game......

Yeah I think the Cowboys will go after him hard if he's cut by Philly after the season. Parcells and Jones are guys who take chances on guys like T.O.

And if you look at their team, the one thing that would put them over the top would be to acquire a big play receiver like Owens. With Bledsoe you need a receiver like that if you expect to contend for the Super Bowl. They aren't going to do it with the Bledsoe-Keyshawn-Glenn attack. Add T.O. to that mix and it's a whole different story. Bledsoe definitely has the arm to throw it to T.O. too.

The only thing is that Owens, Keyshawn, and Glenn would be perhaps the most combustible group of players at one position in the HISTORY OF THE NFL! What a media orgy that would produce. And with Bill Parcells as their coach? Oh man...if you think this Philly drama has been insane, wait until that happens....

Yeah I think the Cowboys will go after him hard if he's cut by Philly after the season. Parcells and Jones are guys who take chances on guys like T.O.

And if you look at their team, the one thing that would put them over the top would be to acquire a big play receiver like Owens. With Bledsoe you need a receiver like that if you expect to contend for the Super Bowl. They aren't going to do it with the Bledsoe-Keyshawn-Glenn attack. Add T.O. to that mix and it's a whole different story. Bledsoe definitely has the arm to throw it to T.O. too.

The only thing is that Owens, Keyshawn, and Glenn would be perhaps the most combustible group of players at one position in the HISTORY OF THE NFL! What a media orgy that would produce. And with Bill Parcells as their coach? Oh man...if you think this Philly drama has been insane, wait until that happens....

I disagree, in the WRs we have we have a big go-to guy for 3rd down (posession guy) in Keyshawn, we have Glenn who has very good speed and is extremely atheletic, and we have Crayton, our young guy who quickly becoming a nice combination of the first 2. T.O. is not a necessity for us, we dont need him to get to a SB. We need consistency from our offense (largely the o-line). no pun intended. As for the TO/Glenn?Johnson trio, you may be right, and it is an entertaining idea, however, BP is a damn good coach, and he knows how to deal with guys on a personal level, TO wouldnt be too much for Coach Parcells, I think BP would put TO in his place. Parcells has a way of getting through to guys that really baffles me, but we shall see.

TO in Dallas would be just the thing TO would want when he goes to Philly to play. Frankly, TO may have success in Dallas, but eventually will be a thorn in Parcells butt. Its the old story of the scorpion and the frog, or "Tuna"...the scorpion (TO) will sting the Tuna, but its gthe scorpion who drowns.

TO will always and forever feel disrespect.

hmm, i would hate it to start, because everyone would be all over dallas' nuts, more superbowl talk, Drew Bledsoe will begin to get overrated, so will everyone on dallas, the cowboys will probably put up a great season just like the eagles did, but then he will come crashing down and ruin the franchise for a few years, so the question is is it worth it to let Dallas have a superbowl caliber team, then spiral downward the years following and have to rebuild?

im conflicted...

If dallas got owens bledsoe could possibly put up a amazing season.

Owens keyshawn glenn crayton witten........... then with jones barber and thompson that would just be insane.

Parcells could handle him the question is does he want to handle him. If the answer is yes owens will be a cowboy

Archived