Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Harris makes tackles in tampa

EliMustDie28

I'm not rooting for an opposing player to get injured . . . just roughed up a bit. :)

Harris has certainly been involved in a number of missed tackles in recent weeks after having made such a great start to the year in that regard . . . the 4th down play at Dallas to effectively end the game being the best example. He needs to pick it up.

Is he the type to lay someone out on the field
No, but I'd certainly expect him to be able to quickly tackle all but the biggest WR's one-on-one in the open field, and to wrap up and slow down the RB's, TE's and large WR's enough to allow us to gang tackle them if he can't bring them down himself. We don't need highlight reel plays from him, just sure tackling.

Um, you guys may want to watch the highlights from Skinsfanatic as he made some huge tackles during the game, and has all year. Isn't he the one who made the tackle on the last play in Dallas?

Great backs and receivers make people miss, in fact we expect Moss, Cooley, Portis, et al to beat people one-on-one in the open field. Harris has requited himself quite well this year and I think it unfair to cast him as one who is not making plays.

Sorry for the third edit of this post, but the more I think of it, the more this thread and the thinking behind it smack of the "throw the bum out" mentality that some of our fans are quick to adopt if we don't play perfectly every single down.

Um, you guys may want to watch the highlights from Skinsfanatic as he made some huge tackles during the game, and has all year. Isn't he the one who made the tackle on the last play in Dallas?

Great backs and receivers make people miss, in fact we expect Moss, Cooley, Portis, et al to beat people one-on-one in the open field. Harris has requited himself quite well this year and I think it unfair to cast him as one who is not making plays.

Sorry for the third edit of this post, but the more I think of it, the more this thread and the thinking behind it smack of the "throw the bum out" mentality that some of our fans are quick to adopt if we don't play perfectly every single down.

I'm glad someone else realizes this. sometimes guys get juked. It happens to the best of them.

I also think that Walt might have been playing a little banged up these last 2 weeks. He didn't look as aggresive as he did earlier in the season.

Archived