Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Time FedEx

GRF56

Hi all, long time Skins fan from Toronto here. Finally getting a chance to visit FedEx for the first time later this month (vs. Chargers). I'm looking for info on good hotels in the area. When I used to go to RFK I knew exactly where to stay...but given the new stadium/area could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Depends if you want to stay near the stadium or in the city. I have heard that a lot of ppl coming into town stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. Its right across the bridge from Georgetown and you have access (walking distance) to the subway station in Rossyn (maybe 5 min walk). I have been there and its a nice hotel.

The subway is your lifeline to get to fedex if you dont plan on tailgating etc...

Are you flying in? I'm from London Ontario. The 1st time we drove in and stayed at some Comfort Inn near the stadium. It was a dive, with nice bullet proof glass around the front counter, and just not the greatest place.

The 2nd year we flew into to Dulles, stayed at the Sheridan by the airport and took the metro (bus then subway) into the stadium. The hotel was very nice. Used hotwire and got it cheap.

I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in New Carrollton, MD....

Close to the stadium...in a safe neighborhood....only drawback is there is no night life in the area if you are looking for that type of thing...

I usually stay at that Courtyard Marriott too. There is a metro station around the block so you can get to the city if you'd like to do that.

You just take US 50 East to 95/495 South. You can then get off of a few different exits depending on where you want to park. Here is a map showing the route to take from the Courtyard to FedEx FieldCourtyardtoFedEx.jpg

Funny cuz I posted earlier this week about my first pro game ever would be Skins/Chargers. Hope you have a great time! We're actually staying in Springfield, VA. Gonna hit the Springfield Mall. Heard its pretty nice and they have a Redskins store there. Supposedly there's a shuttle that will take us by the stadium. Guess we'll find out more when we get there. Should be a fun week. GO SKINS!!!

Hey bud,

I'm in Brantford right now. I make a few trips up to Whitby each year cause one of my good friends lives up there.

I'll be at the Chargers game as well. Stop by the Unofficial Extremeskins Tailgate party (details will be posted in the Tailgate forum) and represent :)

I usually stay at that Courtyard Marriott too. There is a metro station around the block so you can get to the city if you'd like to do that.

You just take US 50 East to 95/495 South. You can then get off of a few different exits depending on where you want to park. Here is a map showing the route to take from the Courtyard to FedEx FieldCourtyardtoFedEx.jpg

SkinzRool....you might want to try the "back roads" from the Courtyard to the Stadium. I've found I get there faster...has less traffic...and when you leave the stadium while everyone is turning to get on the highway, you can take the straight lane...hardly no traffic at all.

From Pennsy Drive, take a left onto Ardwick Ardmore Road...follow that until you see a church on your right hand side...take your next right onto Brightseat which leads straight to the stadium.

SkinzRool....you might want to try the "back roads" from the Courtyard to the Stadium. I've found I get there faster...has less traffic...and when you leave the stadium while everyone is turning to get on the highway, you can take the straight lane...hardly no traffic at all.

From Pennsy Drive, take a left onto Ardwick Ardmore Road...follow that until you see a church on your right hand side...take your next right onto Brightseat which leads straight to the stadium.

I'll keep that in mind next time I stay there. We usually leave so early from the hotel that there isn't any traffic in the morning anyway. After the games we will tailgate a while longer then just go home.

Since I got season tickets last year, we haven't been staying overnight at all (except for night games). We usually leave CT at 5 AM to start tailgating at 9:30. Then we leave the stadium around 6 and are home by 11:30. Makes for a long day, but it is well worth it. :) For the eagles game this Saturday night, my brother found a great deal at the Hyatt in Arlington for $75 for the night, so we stayed there instead of New Carrollton.

Archived