Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Bears and Seahawks is huge

Bucaro

Just wanted to throw out this idea (my bad if it has been posted)

By beating the Hawks and Bears we now have the tiebreaker against two other division leaders. Now this is only important if we end the season leading the east w/ an identical record with either team but this could play out to mean a bye in the playoffs if we continue to play well.

They ARE big but I don't really see the tie breaks coming into play, here's why.

The Bears will be 9-7 at best and will host us even if we have a better record BUT are a wild card.

Seattle will get home field IMO. They have too easy of a road the rest of the way. i see them being 12-4.

We won't be 12-4 but we will be better than 9-7. if we win the division at 10-6 or so, we will be seeded higher than the Bears, but if we are a Wild Card, we will be seeded lower than the Bears.

But we can still look to that #2 seed if we even up our records with the Atlanta/Carolina division winner AND win our own division.

They ARE big but I don't really see the tie breaks coming into play, here's why.

The Bears will be 9-7 at best and will host us even if we have a better record BUT are a wild card.

Seattle will get home field IMO. They have too easy of a road the rest of the way. i see them being 12-4.

We won't be 12-4 but we will be better than 9-7. if we win the division at 10-6 or so, we will be seeded higher than the Bears, but if we are a Wild Card, we will be seeded lower than the Bears.

But we can still look to that #2 seed if we even up our records with the Atlanta/Carolina division winner AND win our own division.

I tend to agree. We really should be watching teams like Carolina/Atlanta from here till NFC till the Dallas game

I say we stop talking about the playoffs and talk more about being NFC East rivals.

We take care of business inside the division and we'll take care of business in the playoffs.

Nothing wrong with talking about playoffs. I am a diehard redskins fan like most bere, but the Giants will very likely win the division with us or the cowpukes fighting for the wildcard slot... so tiebreakers are very important.

As for the people (not necessarily in this thread) saying "lets just focus on tampa...".... last i checked we just watch our team play not do the playing ourselves... we have the luxury of looking as far ahead as we'd like with no consequences :)

Yes Tie Breakers ARE very important. But sometimes the teams you have a tie breaker against can't be used when all is said and done.

The Bears WILL win the North with about a 9-7 record. There is no way the NFC East Champion wins the division with only 9 wins. Therefore, whoever wins the east WILL be a higher seed than the Bears.

Now, due to the fact that the NFC East teams will likely be knocking each other off plus we have to play the tough AFC West teams, I really don't think the NFC East Champion will finish ahead of or tied with Seattle.

The fight for the #2 seed and 1st round bye will be between the NFC East winner and the NFC North Winner.

As far as the Wild Card, we will have to finish 2nd, no doubt. The Atlanta/Carolina runner up WILL BE the other Wild Card, which will only leave one Wild Card left. There will be no Wild Card out of the West or the North...that leaves the 2nd place team in the East.

At this point, I would jump up and down if we got a Wild Card. We really need Dallas to LOSE to Philly. Even if we lose to Dallas in December, we could still win the tie breaker over them.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

I agree on the Seattle point, they're 6-2 with 2 games left against SF and one against GB in the last week of the year.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

on that note, talk about an overrated team....

The Seahawks get to play the cardinals and 49ers twice, the texans, the titans and the packers.

(obviously some of these games have already been played)

On a good day the Skins can beat any of those potential playoff teams. On a bad day we'll surely be thinking of that a$$hole Spurier (how they played, I would never disrespect Coach Gibbs). The heart of the Skins has been truly insipiring at times, I'm just happy as hell with the improvements that have already been made. Coach Gibbs has a five year contract and one could argue he turned around a lost team withn two years. We just might make the playoffs yet, but even if we get robbed (officiating has been questionable at best) bigger and better things are certain in the very near future!

On a good day the Skins can beat any of those potential playoff teams. On a bad day we'll surely be thinking of that a$$hole Spurier (how they played, I would never disrespect Coach Gibbs). The heart of the Skins has been truly insipiring at times, I'm just happy as hell with the improvements that have already been made. Coach Gibbs has a five year contract and one could argue he turned around a lost team withn two years. We just might make the playoffs yet, but even if we get robbed (officiating has been questionable at best) bigger and better things are certain in the very near future!

we're going to make it at least as a wild card.

you heard it here first. :D

I say we stop talking about the playoffs and talk more about being NFC East rivals.

We take care of business inside the division and we'll take care of business in the playoffs.

Amen!

I think the following games are exceedingly winnable:

@ Bucs

vs Raiders

vs Chargers

@ Cardinals

either the home Giants or home Dallas game

I see these as toss-ups/more likely losses:

@ Rams

@ Eagles

either the home Giants or home Dallas game

I'm not discounting us winning every game at home this year. I actually think its possible (with the Chargers and Dallas being the only 2 potential spoilers IMHO - I see the Giants as a bigtime payback game). Bottom line, if we really want to guarantee playoffs this year, I think we have to win 2 of the 3 remaining NFC East games. Not going to be easy - but its not beyond reach.

Archived