Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i LOVE the new offense

RedskinzOwnU

wow, really amazing. The offense was truly something new, sellars wasn't kidding. No way the eagles could have gameplanned for those formations. For the first time I really wasn't sure what kinda plays the skins were going to run, and I'd say that is a MAJOR improvement in the "predictability" department. Great playcalling for the most part, great execution (except for those fumbles which nearly gave me 2 separate heart attacks - we got some real breaks on those recoveries).

Great game for arrington too, I think getting a healthy arrington back in that D really adds an element that we have been missing this season.

We beat philly!

we're 5-3!

GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!

wow, really amazing. The offense was truly something new, sellars wasn't kidding. No way the eagles could have gameplanned for those formations. For the first time I really wasn't sure what kinda plays the skins were going to run, and I'd say that is a MAJOR improvement in the "predictability" department. Great playcalling for the most part, great execution (except for those fumbles which nearly gave me 2 separate heart attacks - we got some real breaks on those recoveries).

Great game for arrington too, I think getting a healthy arrington back in that D really adds an element that we have been missing this season.

We beat philly!

we're 5-3!

GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!

some new plays , but still too predictable on too many downs- wouldn't we all like to be able to call our own plays sometimes? :cheers:

We beat philly!

we're 5-3!

GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!

yes yes yes, I think we realy played a good game against a very good team

I think we need to run more pitches to the outside for Portis.....just stretch the field and let him pick his holes. They run him between the tackles too much.

But yes it was nice to see some 4WR formations in there instead of Gibbs' max protection schemes.

I agree, we need to get him outside. We're trying!

Baby steps, baby steps. Some of the calling was atrocious, but the majority of our plays were money. Using Sellers for the first TD caught me wayyy off gaurd, and I am usually guess our calls pretty decently. A few more pitches to the outside for Portis and one or two more deep balls and I will be content. A major upgrade from last season or the beginning of this season.

I think we need to run more pitches to the outside for Portis.....just stretch the field and let him pick his holes. They run him between the tackles too much.

But yes it was nice to see some 4WR formations in there instead of Gibbs' max protection schemes.

until they start utilizing CP properlt they wont be a good running team, u can always tell when washington's going to pass or run. Gibbs needs to spread the field with his recievers. He plays everone close to the line and it allows the defense to stack the line. Its really painful to watch portis wait for his blocks, they just need to unleash him.

The offense was still good though Cooley and Moss are fun to watch.... BENCH PATTEN

until they start utilizing CP properlt they wont be a good running team, u can always tell when washington's going to pass or run. Gibbs needs to spread the field with his recievers. He plays everone close to the line and it allows the defense to stack the line. Its really painful to watch portis wait for his blocks, they just need to unleash him.

The offense was still good though Cooley and Moss are fun to watch.... BENCH PATTEN

Yea Patten just isnt contributing much at all, Jacobs should be given a shot I think, not necessarily at the 2nd WR spot but he should DEFINETLY take over for Thrash as the #3, that guy just doesn't do anything anymore

This thread is a joke...right? What new offense.

The Redskins run Portis into the line on first down...virtually every single time. Virtually every single time.

The Redskins are averaging LESS than 2 yards per carry on first down running plays, which we run 4 out of 5 times. NO WONDER teams stack 8-9 men in the box on first down. Gibbs telegraphs what he does on first down by doing it 4 out of 5 times. Its Portis into the line right...and Portis into the line left...or Portis up the middle.

Either way..its 8-9 men in the box WAITING for him. When the HELL are the Redskins going to start passing on first down and taking advantage of this...and I don't mean just during the 2 minute warning.

Archived