Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did I Miss Westbrook's Signing Today?

tr1

Wow! Was Westbrook ever happy. I didn't think he'd sign after the way he was treated earlier this year. Congratulations to the Eagles for doing the right thing...and apologies to WB36...man, I was wrong.

Ooops... 5:40 pm est... there must have been a snag... there hasn't been a press conference yet... hmmm.....

I said it has been rumored it was going to be announced today. Who knows....I bet it happens before the deadline. You said categorically that he would not resign. This is a great week. A Philly win, IN YOUR HOUSE, would seriously make you question everything in your life. I can't wait.

I said it has been rumored it was going to be announced today. Who knows....I bet it happens before the deadline. You said categorically that he would not resign. This is a great week. A Philly win, IN YOUR HOUSE, would seriously make you question everything in your life. I can't wait.

Keep whistling in the dark...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tick tock.

Lamont Jordan got a 5 year deal for 27.5 million.

7 million dollar signing bonus. 11 million in guaranteed money.

17.8 mil over the first three years of the contract.

Banner offered Westbrook a 4 year 17 million dollar deal. (not sure of the guaranteed money)

That's a joke.

Westbrook is going to get them 1500 yards from scrimmage without blinking. Everybody knows he's worth more than that.

I always thought if they actually levied the fines for him missing camp it would come back to bite them in the ass. They should have just let that slide. I think it really created some bad blood.

How do you know what Banner offered Westbrook? :laugh:

Your numbers are way off of the numbers I've seen several times on the internet (which are probably wrong anyway).

Do your own homework. j/k

Not that ESPN is always right...

Banner analyzed Westbrook's stats and dissected his freakish past injuries -- one blown-out knee from high school when he stepped in a pot hole; another blown-out knee from college when he slipped on ice; a torn triceps when he landed awkwardly against the Redskins in 2003; a few sprained ankles that kept him from games here and there; and a cracked rib last year -- and set a reported figure of $17 million over four years, which he calls "reasonably aggressive."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=2212395

If I give a number, it's because it's in the mainstream media or an inside source, no need for the laughing smily implying I made it up.

Sometimes the FO can be wrong Westbrook36. If this is really the offer, it is way below what he is worth. Like I said, he's going to get 1500 yards.

Players take note of this kind of stuff. They know what underappreciated means.

The FO was lucky to get Keith Adams to sign one year deal for less than market value this year.

I think those days are over with this FO.

Well we did have a press conference today. Does that count? :D :D :D

Before the PC I thought they would announce WB signing, Owens suspension or both.

I didn't think it would be neither.

The FO lost an opportunity today to overpay a little for WB (like 4 yrs 21 or 5yrs 26) and get a little good PR and rally the troops. Players would have responded, I think.

Before the PC I thought they would announce WB signing, Owens suspension or both.

I didn't think it would be neither.

The FO lost an opportunity today to overpay a little for WB (like 4 yrs 21 or 5yrs 26) and get a little good PR and rally the troops. Players would have responded, I think.

Agreed.

Archived