Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucaneers...another overrated thread

EnFoRcEr_uPu

The Buc's are now sitting on a good 5-2 record. They almost boast the best defense in the NFL by almost 30 Y/G. However, who have they played to test that #1 defense? Nobody really. They lost to San Fran 15-10, and to be honest, I don't see them finishing much better than 8-8 if they're lucky. Let's review their schedule:

Week 1: Minnesota (2-5) Offense: 24th

Week 2: Buffalo (3-5) Offense: 28th

Week 3: Green Bay (1-6) Offense: 14th

Week 4: Detroit (3-4) Offense: 29th

Week 5: N.Y. Jets (2-5) Offense: 30th

Week 6: Miami (3-4) Offense: 20th

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: San Fransisco (2-5) Offense: 31st

Total Opponent Record: 16-34

Average Opponent's Offensive Ranking: 25th

Just thought I would throw these number at you guys to see what you think.

If we get past Philly, I think that game will be huge! It will determine whether we're going to keep teetering around .500 or make a charge in the second half of the season.

BTW, isn't it funny how things change from year to year? This morning I told my wife that the Skins need to win this weekend so that they're not 4-4. How many years in a row would be have killed just to be 4-4 and not be buried by week 9??

Anyway, good research!

I watched the Buccs play the Panthers.

My impression was of a team with a good D and with good skills position players but with a young shaky QB and an average O line - which is not a good combination.

Chris Simms has an NFL arm IF he is allowed time to step into his throws. If he is pressured he tends to through off his backfoot and he has very little on his ball. Plus he has a tendancy to have his ball sail on him.

He does have two good WRs though in Galloway and Clayton. Cadillac was held to under 3 yards a pop on Sunday but had little room to run.

The Bucs will come out and try to run it down our throats.Lookfor our D to stack the line and bring lots of pressure against both run and pass. If we can stop giving up the big play they will struggle to move the ball with any consistency.

When we have the ball we need to lok to throw more on 1st down and get them to back a safey out of the box to make room to run. They also leave their corners in a lot of 1 on 1 and if they do that against us look for Moss to have a BIG day.

This is a game that I see us winning by more than a touchdown.

I sure hope you are right. At the moment, my feelings on the next 2 games is that we really should, and NEED to come out of it with a 7-3 record, because we have an even tougher stretch coming up at the end of the season.

I would agree. We have the ability to steal a conference road game this coming weekend and we need to take advantage. In addition, we'll have a chance to stay perfect at home against Oakland. I, unlike others, think that will be a handful but that we CAN win that game.

After that we play a very good SD team at home and then two straight road games (games that are winnable but road games are tough). Therefore, I think we need to go in and take care of business vs. Tampa and then do whatever we can to win at home vs. Oakland.

My impression was of a team with a good D and with good skills position players but with a young shaky QB and an average O line - which is not a good combination.

Chris Simms has an NFL arm IF he is allowed time to step into his throws. If he is pressured he tends to through off his backfoot and he has very little on his ball. Plus he has a tendancy to have his ball sail on him.

He does have two good WRs though in Galloway and Clayton. Cadillac was held to under 3 yards a pop on Sunday but had little room to run.

The Bucs will come out and try to run it down our throats.Lookfor our D to stack the line and bring lots of pressure against both run and pass. If we can stop giving up the big play they will struggle to move the ball with any consistency.

When we have the ball we need to lok to throw more on 1st down and get them to back a safey out of the box to make room to run. They also leave their corners in a lot of 1 on 1 and if they do that against us look for Moss to have a BIG day.

I think this is a very good analysis. I've heard the same stuff from a friend who follows TB. The defense is solid, but the offense (qb and o-line) are shakey. And the rookie rb is playing hurt with a hammy+.

We should win this game.

we have a brutal schedule

I think we can win all of our games but the ones we're most likely to win are probalby TB, Oakland, Arizona, and Dallas. We can Beat STL but thats tough and we can prob beat NY AND PHILLY but those are tought too! SD is going to be our hardest game in the next 8 (like the Denver of the first 8)

ditto.

my general feeling about this game is ... confident. not over-confident, i don't think, as we could lose, but really, our players are going to come out ready to rock. don't think the motivation to not lose like they did against the Giants will disappear after one game, even if we DID beat the Eagles. Bucs haven't played too many really hard teams, and i think we are going to offer them a real big challenge. gotta watch their D (can be good), but i think Simms is going to be scared pretty early after our D gets penetration (and hopefully Lavar!). other than that, stop the run, which has been pretty bad for them lately, and we'll have this one.

Archived