Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why David Patten?

Waleo32

Now I know Joe Gibbs like's rejects. It's understandable, he feels there easier to coach. But atleast the misfits on "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" had potential. Where has he ever been good at? I've watched this dude play for years. He sucked with the Giants, Browns, and the Pats. He needs to be working at UPS, not starting for my squad. When Jacobs takes his spot we will be more productive. I'm sick of reading articles saying he will get his turn. No he won't, do you know why? because "he sucks". Think about it the Jets are saying damn they wish they had someone like Moss, but the Pats aren't saying they wish they had Patten. Moss is getting double, and you are telling me Patten can't get open. Sorry @$$ oopa lumpa!!!

Now I know Joe Gibbs like's rejects. It's understandable, he feels there easier to coach. But atleast the misfits on Rudolph the rednose reindeer had potential. Where has he ever been good at? I've watched this dude play for years. He sucked with the Giants, Browns, and the Pats. He needs to be working at UPS, not starting for my squad. When Jacobs takes his spot we will be more productive. I'm sick of reading articles saying he will get his turn, but no he won't, do you know why? because "he sucks". Think about it the Jets are saying damn they wish they had someone like Moss, but the Pats aren't saying they wish they had Patten. Moss is getting double, and you are tell me Patten can't get open. Sorry @$$ oopa lumpa!!!

Uh OK--if you watched him win three SBs with the Pats, I don't think you possibly saw him and said "he sucked." In fact, he was the reason the Pats won that game in the snow vs. the Raiders. And he made a lot of other clutch catches for them in the playoffs.

Not saying he isn't going through some problems now, but don't exaggerate or fabricate to support your point about TODAY.

Now I know Joe Gibbs like's rejects. It's understandable, he feels there easier to coach. But atleast the misfits on Rudolph the rednose reindeer had potential. Where has he ever been good at? I've watched this dude play for years. He sucked with the Giants, Browns, and the Pats. He needs to be working at UPS, not starting for my squad. When Jacobs takes his spot we will be more productive. I'm sick of reading articles saying he will get his turn, but no he won't, do you know why? because "he sucks". Think about it the Jets are saying damn they wish they had someone like Moss, but the Pats aren't saying they wish they had Patten. Moss is getting double, and you are tell me Patten can't get open. Sorry @$$ oopa lumpa!!!

I am starting to get frustrated with Patten's play also. It doesn't seem like he runs good routes, catches well, or does anything, period. I'd like to see what Taylor Jacobs could do in his spot, or hell, even Thrash, atleast he doesn't drop the damn ball when he gets open. Patten just isn't getting it done. "he sucks"...

Also each game he has played against the Eagles, he's caught a TD. (although I'm not sure about the SB).

That said, his drops yesterday were inexcusable....Then again our entire recieving corps(RBs,H-Back, WRs) dropped passes.

Uh OK--if you watched him win three SBs with the Pats, I don't think you possibly saw him and said "he sucked." In fact, he was the reason the Pats won that game in the snow vs. the Raiders. And he made a lot of other clutch catches for them in the playoffs.

Not saying he isn't going through some problems now, but don't exaggerate or fabricate to support your point about TODAY.

You're right he's good!!! No... I can't lie... Rod Gardner had good games too, but he sucks. I'm going over his whole career. Not a couple of games. Brady makes that team go on offense. I might not like Brady but he does. Deion Branch, T. Brown, and Givens pretty much did the work for that team. Plus this is a different offense than NE they had a boat load of wide outs. Branch, Brown, Givens, Johnson, and sure Patten. Brady and Branch stole the show at the big game twice. Brown had the big role in the first championship run. David Patten isn't good. You don't key on Patten, he's not a game changer, like Joe Gibbs wants him to be. He never was. Plus it's easier to get open in a spread offense, shoot LB's would check him.

Also each game he has played against the Eagles, he's caught a TD. (although I'm not sure about the SB).

That said, his drops yesterday were inexcusable....Then again our entire recieving corps(RBs,H-Back, WRs) dropped passes.

He didn't I believe he had 1 catch in that game!!

For real some of you need to get over it. The skins front office is probally one of the worst in the league. Draft and free agency departments. Patten has done nothing, and is a smurf. He is not a deep threat, or a big reciever. If Moss gets hurt your WR core is done.

Thanks for the wonderful insight!!

Now we know the real problem with our team, its only one player. :rolleyes:

He never said that Patten was the one and only problem with our team. When the team is winning, problems are not addressed. When you lose by 36 points, problems come to the forefront.

Patten has not produced like a number two receiver needs to. 19 catches for 193 yards through seven games is downright abysmal. If those numbers don't show that there's a problem, then nothing will.

god people it was ONE GAME, stop with these rediculous threads

It is not one game. It has been the whole season. Patten is a third string reciever in this league. Taylor Jacobs has the ability and route running skills to make defenses respect him. Not giving Jacobs meaningful looks until the fourth quarter is retarded. I don't want to compare it too the Lavar situation but it seems to me that this coaching staff wants to play the vet over the talent where a mix of both might serve us well. Don't get me wrong. There is no way Taylor Jacobs makes a difference yesterday but you gotta see what he can do. Every time I have seen him in the game he makes plays.

For real some of you need to get over it. The skins front office is probally one of the worst in the league. Draft and free agency departments. Patten has done nothing, and is a smurf. He is not a deep threat, or a big reciever. If Moss gets hurt your WR core is done.

I can't imagine what would happen to this offense if Moss went down...(the thought sends chills down my spine)

He never said that Patten was the one and only problem with our team. When the team is winning, problems are not addressed. When you lose by 36 points, problems come to the forefront.

Patten has not produced like a number two receiver needs to. 19 catches for 193 yards through seven games is downright abysmal. If those numbers don't show that there's a problem, then nothing will.

titleart.gif

panic.jpg

Now I know Joe Gibbs like's rejects. It's understandable, he feels there easier to coach.

:applause: Speaking on behalf on myself and many of my assembled friends and colleagues, we'd like to thank you for working so diligently to provide us with an immediate and effective warning of non-useful content ahead.

:applause: Speaking on behalf on myself and many of my assembled friends and colleagues, we'd like to thank you for working so diligently to provide us with an immediate and effective warning of non-useful content ahead.

Thank you... You know I try to add some comedy for the fans :D

The Great David Patten:

RECEIVING

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

1997 New York Giants 16 3 13 226 17.4 40 2 5 1 9

1998 New York Giants 12 0 11 119 10.8 39 1 1 0 8

1999 New York Giants 16 0 9 115 12.8 19 0 0 0 6

2000 Cleveland Browns 14 11 38 546 14.4 65 1 6 1 19

2001 New England Patriots 16 14 51 749 14.7 91 4 11 2 34

2002 New England Patriots 16 14 61 824 13.5 39 5 12 0 39

2003 New England Patriots 6 5 9 140 15.6 42 0 3 1 6

2004 New England Patriots 16 11 44 800 18.2 48 7 15 4 37

2005 Washington Redskins 7 6 19 193 10.2 32 0 2 0 9

TOTAL 119 64 255 3712 14.6 91 20 55 9 167

He's going to the Hall folks :rolleyes:

all that sums it up...

AND HE SAID OOPA LOOMPA! :redpunch:

he mispelled oompa loompa...

Archived