Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opinions on Warrick Holdman...

SkinsCrunkin

Sean Taylor is missing assignments almost just as often. I don't necessarily look to blame one person on long runs or passes, but, Taylor's mistakes our obvious. He took the bait in the Dallas game and got toasted by Glenn. Yesterday, he seriously misplayed Barber's first run and I believe he may have been out of position on the second long run as well.

Holdman may be playing terribly, but, from what I see, Taylor is making huge mistakes too.

Sean Taylor makes plays, Warrick Holdman gets burned on plays. Theres a difference so please don't post dumb a*s comments like that anymore!

And this is what was unforgivable about yesterday. The first page of this thread is awesome. It's all said there. Holdman was out of position many times, and the thing I haven't liked about LaVar is that he sometimes gets out of position and just gets destroyed by blocking. The thing that you have to like about LaVar is his raw athletic ability and his ability to get back into a play even after those things happen.

The only way Holdman might make more sense than LaVar is if Holdman, by being in position, made up for the discrepancy in their athletic ability. This was not the case. He played horribly, and the poster who said that he was out in the second half is, I believe, correct. That's whta it looked like to me too (about freaking time). Holdman has not made more sense than LaVar. I am not a blind LaVar fan, but it's time for the coaches to realize who their best option there is.

Walt Harris had a pretty good year last year in my opinion, but this year he has really struggled. Philip Daniels has also struggled.

I'm told that these are all Greg Blache players (Harris, Daniels, Holdman). I sincerely hope that the coaches are making decisions based on the right things and aren't blinded by loyalty and relationships. I feel Greg Blache definitely influenced the Holdman/Arrington thing since GW said in an interview "I have a lot of faith in Greg Blache" or something to that effect in response to questions about Arrington in the past weeks. - BTW, just to be clear, Holdman is the only one that really irritates me. The others haven't been impressive, but Holdman is the only one where I see what appears to be an obviously healthy better player available.

Walt Harris has actually had a good year! He has shown me more than what I expected from him.

The other two former Chicago Bear chumps are ridiculously pathetic (W. Holdman and P. Daniels)

This doesn't mean a lot. LaVar missed a couple of tackles you are really hyping it up. The big runs came in when Griffin got hurt or when Holdman was in the game. That's why Gregg Williams benched him. LA played average, he didn't do anything to kill the team. We shouldn't put Arrington and number 57 in the same breath.

Thanks....please don't even compare the two.

Holdman or Arrington don't make a difference to people having success running left. Both are the Weak side LB which means they line up on the side without the TE, which could be either end. Only the D-Line makes a difference per side. That is my first point.

My second point is that I did not see any great plays from Arrington today either. Shockey ran right through Arrington's tackle for his TD.

So while I am not a Holdman fan, per say, I am not completely sure this is really all his fault. Today's loss was a team effort, both offensive and defensive. Don't go hanging this one one guy or one coach.

My point is not that we lost the game due to Holdman's play, far from it. At one point they ran the stat at the bottom that said we had 10 missed tackles. That is absolutely atrocious. What I was sayiing if you read my whole piece is that Holdman is totally ineffective in there, and although LaVar did miss that tackle, his playmaking ability makes him better. And that I see no value in the "LaVar doesn't play his assignment" argument because Holdman looks lost out there.

I can understand that, the anti-Lavar attacks were getting way too personal. I've always viewed it as a concession of the point when people get like that. I did wonder why "moderators" did not remain more "moderate", they were not just expressive but very active. I would hope the moderators would strive for a more healthy environment for conflict of opinion. But oh well I don't put too much into it as I remember when the moderators gave the similiar treatment you speak of to the anti-Gardner faction also, before Gibbs returned and unloaded Gardner himself. Strikes me as inconsitstant that people who were such staunch supporters of Gardner were so critical of Arrington :doh: . Oh well, being right is it's own priveledge eh? *high five*

How quiet they are on both accounts now. Stick around, but there is little point in getting into a discussion on an uneven playing field with a moderator. That's what I recomend & do.

Hey Doc. Thanks man I needed that. Just so I know I was not the only one that felt that way.

And who the F are you. How are you going to say the whole defense is mediocre?

Yea they played a horrible game, but that comment of yours was ridiculous. (mediocre)

Shawn Springs, Sean Taylor, Marcus Washington, Cornelius Griffin, Lavar Arrington all mediocre huh...dumb a*s

hmm ok. Lemme break this down for you..

1. Don't ever talk to me that way mmk little boy. You put words in my mouth I'll spit them in your face understood?

2. Our Defense Yesterday sucked and was mediocre

3. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Springs, Taylor and Lavar all sucked yesterday with the rest of the defense.

4. Our Defense isn't as good as last years.

5. I'm someone who knows a hell of a lot more about football up close and personal then you'll ever know.

Argue with me. I love it.

I agree the defense was overall bad, but you know the offense did exactly light the world on fire either. They didn't even cross the 50 until late in the second quarter. Yes, I agree that holdman over ran a lot of plays. However, didn't lavar and overrun the play last week against frank gore when he broke one as well? Believe me the best players should play, but the way that they played yesterday I don't think that anyone who was out there deserved to play. The Giants came out ready to play and I think that we as team didn't want it as badly as the Giants did. I hope that the same mistake is not made against the eagles.

Archived