Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JOE GIBBS’ Super Bowl hopes were left in tatters

Eagle091

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005500408,00.html

JOE GIBBS’ Super Bowl hopes were left in tatters as the New York Giants romped to a 36-0 victory over bitter rivals Washington, writes SIMON VENESS.

It was the first time the Redskins had failed to score against the Giants since 1985 and their worst defeat since 1961 — when the New York men triumphed 53-0.

Washington coach Gibbs, 65 next month, expected an old-fashioned defensive battle between the two arch-enemies. Instead he just got a battering.

Two early Jay Feely field goals put New York on course and they never looked back as Tiki Barber ran all over the Redskins defence.

Barber finished with 205 yards and the clinching third-quarter touchdown. Brandon Jacobs also ran in a three-yard score, Jeremy Shockey pulled in a 10-yard catch and Feely added another three field goals.

Washington quarterback Mark Brunell was sacked five times.

side note, the eagles game was equally embarrasing. I love my team as u love the skins, we both got embarassed today.

Yes because that game determined that Skins will not make it to the Super Bowl.

Well, good thing basketball is about to start since I have no reason to watch the Redskins anymore this season!

Honestly, how could you see yourselves in the Super Bowl from here on out?

I mean, how can you see yourselves in the playoffs? I'd really like to understand here.

By the same rationale, the Eagles got stomped by the same pathetic Cowboys who lost to the no-chance-in-hell-of-making-the-playoffs Redskins? Assuming your theory holds true for other teams and not just the Redskins. It's 76er time in Philly!

By the same rationale, the Eagles got stomped by the same pathetic Cowboys who lost to the no-chance-in-hell-of-making-the-playoffs Redskins? Assuming your theory holds true for other teams and not just the Redskins. It's 76er time in Philly!

Now, I'll credit Washington with their comeback, but we handed you your tail in Big D for 55 minutes. When we switch to the conservative mindset we switched to in those last minutes, bad things happen.

Have fun with those two or three wins you have left this season. Cherish them. :cheers:

The first 30 minutes of which we were "handed our tail" by 3? Get real. We both played like crap. You hit a trick play to score in the third (which Parcells to his credit always manages to hit on Gibbs). And we burned your secondary, skill vs. skill, speed vs. Roy Williams, twice. Find weakness...Exploit weakness...Win game.

Honestly, how could you see yourselves in the Super Bowl from here on out?

I mean, how can you see yourselves in the playoffs? I'd really like to understand here.

Because losing the game against the Giants didn't mathematically eliminate the Skins from the playoffs?

And we all know that losing a game means your season is finished!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005500408,00.html

JOE GIBBS’ Super Bowl hopes were left in tatters as the New York Giants romped to a 36-0 victory over bitter rivals Washington, writes SIMON VENESS.

It was the first time the Redskins had failed to score against the Giants since 1985 and their worst defeat since 1961 — when the New York men triumphed 53-0.

Washington coach Gibbs, 65 next month, expected an old-fashioned defensive battle between the two arch-enemies. Instead he just got a battering.

Two early Jay Feely field goals put New York on course and they never looked back as Tiki Barber ran all over the Redskins defence.

Barber finished with 205 yards and the clinching third-quarter touchdown. Brandon Jacobs also ran in a three-yard score, Jeremy Shockey pulled in a 10-yard catch and Feely added another three field goals.

Washington quarterback Mark Brunell was sacked five times.

side note, the eagles game was equally embarrasing. I love my team as u love the skins, we both got embarassed today.

Man, you've got some nerve. Your an Eagles fan whose team got thumped and you're over here on a Redskins' board posting this kind of non-sense.

The Eagles have been blown out twice this year...no running game...a quarterback who is the shadow of his former self. And your defense is very, very inconsistent...and you come here to post this trash. :doh:

Now, I'll credit Washington with their comeback, but we handed you your tail in Big D for 55 minutes. When we switch to the conservative mindset we switched to in those last minutes, bad things happen.

Have fun with those two or three wins you have left this season. Cherish them. :cheers:

Quit the bravado...you're in the same boat as Philly, the Giants and us...you don't know which team is going to show up on any Sunday.

Dallas is still having problems with deep passes against them.

And you beat the Cards yesterday...wake up man.

Quit the bravado...you're in the same boat as Philly, the Giants and us...you don't know which team is going to show up on any Sunday.

Dallas is still having problems with deep passes against them.

And you beat the Cards yesterday...wake up man.

Um, we've outplayed everyone we've played other than the Raiders and are 5-3 at the break. If anything, I'm not sure what coaching staff is going to show up every sunday. When we play conservative, bad things happen, especially on defense. However, our team plays just as hard each and every week.

Unlike a certain team that gets buried 36-0 while laying on their backs taking it like, well, you know.

We're not the team coming off of a blowout loss, getting ready to lose against the Eagles and be two games back in the East.

We are NOT in the same boat as you. But we ARE in the same boat as the Giants. Yes, we're both in luxury yachts, getting ready to sail away from the life raft full of smoke and mirrors that you call a franchise.

Um, we've outplayed everyone we've played other than the Raiders and are 5-3 at the break. If anything, I'm not sure what coaching staff is going to show up every sunday. When we play conservative, bad things happen, especially on defense. However, our team plays just as hard each and every week.

Unlike a certain team that gets buried 36-0 while laying on their backs taking it like, well, you know.

We're not the team coming off of a blowout loss, getting ready to lose against the Eagles and be two games back in the East.

We are NOT in the same boat as you. But we ARE in the same boat as the Giants. Yes, we're both in luxury yachts, getting ready to sail away from the life raft full of smoke and mirrors that you call a franchise.

Look out for a torpedo.

Yes, you had a fine showing against the 49ers...ooopsy...I guess you forgot that one.

Lost to Oakland...Oakland, FGS!

Lost to Seattle.

Lost to the REDSKINS...

And you beat a pathetic Cardinals team and show up here to gloat :doh:

Archived