Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Skins have/need a leader?

Rypien1191

Continually watching these post game comments by Gibbs, Brunell, etc.... It keeps occuring to me we always have these polite, vanilla answers about how good the other team is, respecting the other team, etc... and thats all is really said. Especially today... I mean you have to give the Giants credit yes, but don't we need to be pissed off as well? Don't we need a Parcells-like response to say "We are gonna bust our ass in practice this week"? Gibbs needs to get mad. Brunell needs to get mad. SOMEBODY needs to step up as a leader and say "That wasn't us... we'll play better next week, I gaurentee it, etc." I just feel like they are character guys yes.. but this is football, you have to get mad, get physical, be aggressive. Be a Ray Lewis, a Parcells, christ even a TO for Gods sake. I think they just have to stop being NICE and get someone to motivate them.

Continually watching these post game comments by Gibbs, Brunell, etc.... It keeps occuring to me we always have these polite, vanilla answers about how good the other team is, respecting the other team, etc... and thats all is really said. Especially today... I mean you have to give the Giants credit yes, but don't we need to be pissed off as well? Don't we need a Parcells-like response to say "We are gonna bust our ass in practice this week"? Gibbs needs to get mad. Brunell needs to get mad. SOMEBODY needs to step up as a leader and say "That wasn't us... we'll play better next week, I gaurentee it, etc." I just feel like they are character guys yes.. but this is football, you have to get mad, get physical, be aggressive. Be a Ray Lewis, a Parcells, christ even a TO for Gods sake. I think they just have to stop being NICE and get someone to motivate them.

Gibbs is NOT Parcells........nor has he EVER coached like that......the kick butt kind of response.

I CAN assure you that he makes his feelings known behind the closed door in team meetings.

Blondie

Gibbs keeps EVERYTHING in house. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. It'd be a ***** to play him in poker. Behind closed doors, I have no doubt that Gibbs demands and commands respect. I guess my theory will be proven right or wrong next week.

??? Disgusted by this post, or disgusted about fans giving up on them?

I think this is the kind of game that you dont even look at the film, just throw it away and concentrate on next week and get back to basics... practice your ass off this week, get motivated, and show everyone youre not as bad as you showed today. These kind of games happen from time to time, I mean opening weekend a couple years ago the Pats lost 31-0 in Buffalo then went on to win the SB. Its not necessarily indicative of how good you are, sometimes you just lay an egg. But someone needs to step up in practive and whoop their ass this week.

Archived