Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metal Gear Solid 3

dfitzo53

Has anyone else played this? I heard it was good, so I put it on my GameFly queue, and I've been disappointed thus far. From what I understood this game was supposed to have fewer annoying cutscenes like in MGS2, but that hasn't been the case. I just watched a total of an hour of continuous cutscenes, including opening credits that were a blatant rip-off of James Bond movies, after only 20 minutes of gameplay.

Are there people who actually enjoy these kinds of video games, and for those who have played it, does it get any better or is really just like MGS2 in terms of drawn-out cutscenes? In my opinion Hideo Kojima is high on his vision of video-games-as-the-new-movies to the point that it's ruining his products. If I actually want to sit there for an hour I'll watch a real film, which has better sound quality, visuals and acting.

[/rant]

I loved the first two. First the most, but this one for some reason doesnt have the same feel as the others. Probably because you're out in the wide open most of the time. I'm at the part where you fight The End and I heard that's a cool boss battle, hopefully it picks up from here.

I loved the first two. First the most, but this one for some reason doesnt have the same feel as the others. Probably because you're out in the wide open most of the time. I'm at the part where you fight The End and I heard that's a cool boss battle, hopefully it picks up from here.

Thats a pretty tough battle. If you find it hard, just cheat by:

Saving in the middle of battle and setting your PS2 clock about a week or two forward and End dies of natural causes when you reload the game.

Saving in the middle of battle and setting your PS2 clock about a week or two forward and End dies of natural causes when you reload the game.

:laugh: Wow.

As for my original question, which may have been lost in my opening rant, do the long cutscenes continue throughout the game?

Archived