Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Contract extension deadline approaching....

TerpsEagles

I have no link and no idea if this is true... anybody in Philly care to chime in... but I'm hearing that some callers to WIP are saying that the word leaking out is that Westbrook has agreed to the terms .... press conference tomorrow ???????

Bueler, bueler ????

Give me a second.....

I've said this before, but I'll ask again... Why would he resign with the Eagles? Just one reason thats all I ask. Why would any Running back resign with them? Theres a reason for the constantly revolving door of rbs there

He has admitted numerous times that he is a perfect fit of the Eagles offensive scheme when its in sync. The Eagles have said the same. So basically, if two parts work best together, and two parts need each other, then why not be together and make beautiful music together?

I've said this before, but I'll ask again... Why would he resign with the Eagles? Just one reason thats all I ask. Why would any Running back resign with them? Theres a reason for the constantly revolving door of rbs there

what ?

Staley was the main RB from '98-'02

Westbrook has been the guy from '03 - present...

that's what you call a revolving door ?

He has admitted numerous times that he is a perfect fit of the Eagles offensive scheme when its in sync. The Eagles have said the same. So basically, if two parts work best together, and two parts need each other, then why not be together and make beautiful music together?

He also has complained about lack of rushes. No running back wants to play for a team where they won't get touches. BW is wanted by other teams, and could definately find someplace A) willing to pay him the money and B) appreciate his talent and ability by giving him touches.

what ?

Staley was the main RB from '98-'02

Westbrook has been the guy from '03 - present...

that's what you call a revolving door ?

What about Buckhalter and Autry? I claim no great knowledge about Eagles, and I could be wrong about revolving door. But my main point is why should a RB stay there? They won't get the rushes. Just look at Duce's fall off and Westbrooks #'s.

He also has complained about lack of rushes. No running back wants to play for a team where they won't get touches. BW is wanted by other teams, and could definately find someplace A) willing to pay him the money and B) appreciate his talent and ability by giving him touches.

A press conference has been announced for tommorrow.

Another thing, if he had been injured in the last 8 weeks, they would not be talking about an 8 million dollar signing bonus. That front office treats players like crap. I hope Michael Lewis skips town.

Which FO would give a player the same signing bonus they offered previous if they sustained a major injury?

A press conference has been announced for tommorrow.

If it happens I'll be the first to say I was wrong. Do they generally do press conferences for extensions? Do they ever do them for injuries? Just pondering. But again, if it happens I'll respond in this thread admitting my wrongness. I see no reason he would want to stay. Unless he likes being a under used RB who can't reach his full potential because the team won't ever run him.

He's only complained about a lack of rushes because he thought he was going to have to test the free agent market before signing.

If he signs a long term deal you will never hear him say boo about a lack of rushes.

He knows he has a nice carreer going in Philly. He is the heart of their offense, doesn't matter if he is catching balls or getting rushes.

Which FO would give a player the same signing bonus they offered previous if they sustained a major injury?

That's my point McFly. He's had to play half the year under a contract that was insulting to everybody that knows anything about how much he means to this offense.

That is disrespect.

He's only complained about a lack of rushes because he thought he was going to have to test the free agent market before signing.

If he signs a long term deal you will never hear him say boo about a lack of rushes.

He knows he has a nice carreer going in Philly. He is the heart of their offense, doesn't matter if he is catching balls or getting rushes.

Bingo.

He is perfect in their system but there is no guarantee he would suceed as an everyday back in another system. That and the Eagles use their short passing game as a psuedo running game. You need to look at his total yards and touches run and pass. 1500+ last year.

Bingo.

He is perfect in their system but there is no guarantee he would suceed as an everyday back in another system. That and the Eagles use their short passing game as a psuedo running game. You need to look at his total yards and touches run and pass. 1500+ last year.

I've thought this and been saying the same thing for a while. I don't believe he'd do as well in another system. He's not a pure rusher, so he's used for what he can do. He fits the system perfectly and only that system.

That said... it would be interesting to see how different youse guys would be with a (healthy) pure rusher in there to spot Westbrook a bit.

How about being a team guy who likes the idea of playing on a perennial contender despite not getting 25+ carries per game? I think he might like it there since their offense fits his strengths and he's not the type of back who would probably do well with lots of carries.

:2cents:

He wouldn't ask for more carries if he didn't think he could handle it. It's not like in a game he's never had a lot of carries. Its just the Eagles don't do it often. He claims to be the "best RB" and anybody who says that definately wants to prove it... which can be done only one way really.

Archived