Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With 9 home games like the Giants have...

HailYeah

Although winning on the road is critical, the Giants' "road win" vs N.O. is nowhere near as important compared to the Redskin win at Dallas. First tiebreaker after head to head is Division record. The Skins have a chance to sweep Dallas. No other NFC East team has won on the road in the Division yet.

The second tiebreaker after head to head is record against common opponents. No one else in the NFC East plays N.O. so that win just isn't as important as some other road wins:

The iggles beat K.C. at Kansas City. K.C. is a common opponent for all NFC East teams.

Dallas beat both S.F. and S.D. on the road. Both teams are common opponents to all NFC East teams.

The original point of the thread is well taken. The extra home game the Giants received will more than likely make a difference at the end. The league should've put the game at a neutral field......hell, if the league wanted to make it a more realistic setting where the crowd was hostile towards the Giants, they should've given the tickets to the game to Jets season ticket holders!

Of course, the Skins can take care of business this week and negate this extra advantage the Giants have this year.

I agree. Its total BS that the Giants have 9 home games. I'm just surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar. I guarantee it will affect the outcome of the season whether anyone would like to admit it or not.

fed ex is just getting to be such a jungle though... tough games, but all are winnable.

Yeah I think FedEx is getting to be much harder to play in than it has been traditionally. If we win this game, and then have the Eagles on Sunday night. The place is going to blow its roof...that is if it had one.

You guys are so overconfident. You do realize that most people are picking the Redskins to finish dead last right?

when was the last time the media got something right? and remember, most people are a lot like you- idiots with no football knowledge. i can't wait till we beat you on sunday, then you can go back and bandwagon on to another team.

Archived