Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Setting the record straight

I know I made this point in another thread, but it's something I think even alot of Skins fans don't seem to realize. I know we're trying to crack down on multiple posting, so I apologize in advance. I just feel compelled to set the record straight on this.

A lot of Skins fans seem to buy this false idea that the Cowgirls have won more championships than we have. IT IS NOT TRUE!!The Skins won two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl was created (which really wasn't all that long ago). 3 Lombardi Trophies plus 2 NFL Championships = 5 rings!!!

The reason the Cowgirl fans continue to say they've won more championships than we have is because people believe it. Don't let them get away with it anymore.

Again, I apologize for starting a new thread on this, but I can't stand seeing diehard Redskin fans duped time and time again by this lie. Thank you. :soapbox:

I hear you, but no one denies Lombardi and the Packers their NFL Championships. That's why they call it the Vince Lombardi trophy. The Yankees won lots of World Series prior to 1966 (the year the Super Bowl started) and no one denies the Yankees those championships. It's silly to deny them in football. Trust me, if the Cowboys had one a championship prior to 1966, we'd still be hearing about it!

Course, I think, by that standard, the winningest team in Pro Football is the Browns. I think I read they were NFL champions for 10 years in a row in the '20s. (In fact, I think I read, they only lost something like 4 games in that decade).

Guest Goatroper

I believe the latest post that set this off was to the effect of five "Lombardi Trophies" to three, which is accurate.

Whatever. That was then and this is now. Maybe we should concentrate on how many championships are in front of us rather than behind us.

It says here the Cowboys will win another championship before the Skins do.

Archived