Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Lockett

Golgo-13

I'm curious to hear how everyone feels about Lockett's performance on Saturday night. I think that he had some great plays and showed himself to be very elusive after the catch. I think that there is a good chance that he could develop into, for us, what Az Hakim was for the Rams. He will be able to punish team's third DB's and get some really good YAC. I was just curious to hear what you guys think about him because I haven't hear anyone mention him very much, yet I was pleased in his performance.

I though he looked great. Showed good hands, and that he's not afraid to take a hit. Not only that, but that he can get up after a hard hit and will go back across the middle.

I thought he looked very elusive and shifty in traffic. Not great speed, but plays quick in a game, which is what's really important.

So far, as of saturday, i think the WR's who make the team will be: Green, Gardner, Lockett, McCants, Doering, Thompson

He does seem like the perfect compliment to Spurrier's type of system. Not overly big, good hands, and whomever said "shifty" (mphilips16, second time I've heard that since the game) described him to a tee.

He's a keeper. :)

Originally posted by Reagan

Lockett was productive last year in a running offense. I think if he stays healthy he will shine brightly.

I agree! This offense is 100% better than last years so the attitude and the production will be increasing this year!

Gardner, Green, Lockett, McCants, Doering, Thompson, Skaggs............. enough said! :thumbsup:

This is part of my post - with some additions - from another thread, but it obviously applies here:

That Lockett is doing well should not be too big of a surprise. He's a smart, hard-working WR who has quickness if not outright speed and he's a good route runner. Moreover, he certainly isn't the first WR to have left KC - and KC's coaching style (read as "Schottenheimer") - only to blossom elsewhere within a more inspired passing scheme. (Joe Horn comes to mind, for example.)

Also, you'll note that the only WR's to have succeeded in KC in recent years have begun their careers and have been developed elsewhere, e.g. Andre Rison and Derrick Alexander. Can anyone name the last good WR to have been developed by KC and to have had his best years in KC? I sure can't.

And that's amazing given the fact that they've at least been paying lip service there for the last decade-plus to the idea that they needed more passing game talent. That was why you saw Joe Montana and others go there to create SF-East in the early and mid-90's.

Archived