Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harmons Picks... Chiefs vs. Redskins

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/harmon_forecast

Kansas City 24 Washington 17 -- Washington has won some close games, but don't buy into its early-season success. The Chiefs, rested coming off a bye, have many offensive weapons and the home-field advantage.

All i have to say is :wtf:

Do you guys believe this is a fair statement?

This is my prediction of what he will say for week 7

San Francisco 28 Washington 13 -- Washington is 4-1 after coming off a tough win at Kansas City. I believe this week they will finally be exposed as a the overrated team that they are. Look for this to be Alex Smiths break out game. The 49ers win soley because no NFL team this bad should be allowed to be 5-1

:doh:

Did he make any factual errors in his analysis? It looks clean from here. If he picks the Chiefs to win by a TD at home, that seems like a fair guess that I will disagree with.

I dont agree when he tells everyone not to buy into our successes.... we keep on getting better and better each week...

Harmon doesnt understand that after giving up those big runs on D against Denver, GW is going to make sure that never happens again... We will be playing with a chip on our shoulder... I dont care if its in KC and they are coming off a bye... We are coming off a tough loss fresh in our minds... we are coming to play and KC needs to watch out...

:nono:

That is a fair prediction, but here is what does not make sense. We are ranked 11 spots higher than the chiefs in the CBS power rankings(done by Prisco) yet in his "expert pick",he predicts that the chiefs will beat us by at least 6 points. Umm, yeah.

I think this is a fair, though unfounded prediction. It is a good matchup of strong teams and if he believes that homefield advantage will give them that edge that is his opinion. I personally believe that the skins will be too much for the chiefs to handle unless they allow dante hall to be a factor.

I think thi sa fair prediction (wrong but fair) I mean if the game were here I don't think there is anyway the Chiefs would get a 6 point prediction, but at arrowhead I can see it because it's a hard place to go into and get a win especially after having to play in Denver last week. What I don't like about his prediction is the "don't buy into the early season success) It seems he joining the other writers out there who think the skins are a bad team with a good record. I just love how when Carolina was doing the same thing 2 years ago all anyone could write about was how dangerous the Panthers with the tough D and the offense that could come back in the 4th against anyone because of the playmaking Steve Smith. Now the skins do the exact same thing (strong D, O that makes plays in the 4th and playmaking WR Moss) And somehow we're a bad team. It just doesn't make any sense. :logo:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Kansas City 24 Washington 17 -- Washington has won some close games, but don't buy into its early-season success. The Chiefs, rested coming off a bye, have many offensive weapons and the home-field advantage.

Vegas has the Skins as a 6 point underdog so there is no "going out on a limb" here.

Here's another prediction from him

Atlanta 21 *New Orleans 17 -- Playing in San Antonio is a better alternative for New Orleans than playing home games at the opponent's stadium. But the Falcons have a good offense and an impressive defense, which should power Atlanta to victory.

with everything that NO's been through and without Deuce McAllister?

Total knucklehead...

I'd take Washington and six. :)

On a neutral field I'd probably make this one a pick'em, but, given their bye, being desperate after two losses, PLUS the 2-3 the home team generally rates, I'd probably install them at 3.5.

Not that I approve of this sort of thing.

This is my prediction of what he will say for week 7

San Francisco 28 Washington 13 -- Washington is 4-1 after coming off a tough win at Kansas City. I believe this week they will finally be exposed as a the overrated team that they are. Look for this to be Alex Smiths break out game. The 49ers win soley because no NFL team this bad should be allowed to be 5-1

:stupid: :stfu: :nutkick: :D

Harmon and his crew are as close to totally objective as you'll ever find. I've never detected a bias for or against any team in the NFL.

Personally, I think he's right in that the Chiefs will likely win this game. Likely. They have their best o-lineman back, they're at home, they had two weeks to prepare, and we're going to have traveled a long distance for the second week in a row. We even have a fair amount of injury problems plauguing our CB's and RB's. ALL of these signs point in their favor.

Still, you have to play the game and we've shown that we're capable of winning games we "shouldn't" win.

His prediction is how should I say it ummmmmm....SAFE.......when the Chiefs are favored by that much at home and coming off a bye any joker that doesn't watch the Skins thinks that this is a sure thing. Now we as Skins fans know that this is the year our team is actually good. He has probably not even watched a single play OR looked at box scores, because if he had, he would have seen that the Redskins are legit and aren't going anywhere but, up!

SkinsXL

what the Redskins have shown this season is the ability to play hard for 60 minutes and increasingly the ability to field an offense that accumulates yardage and time of possession. the trendline for this team is definitely on the upside, regardless of what two difficult road games means for the record before the midway point.

Based on what I have seen the Redskins have a chance to win each game. If not for Ian Gold's play last week the Redskins and Broncos would have gone into overtime as David Patten was open in the back of the end zone for the two point conversion.

The Chiefs are going to get credit for two things from the predictors:

1. They have been a good team over the past 3-4 seasons and that 'rep' carries over. Green, Holmes and Co. are given the credit for what they have accomplished irregardless of the fact they have struggled somewhat in 2005. The Chiefs are still considered a contender even though the defense is still a bit shaky and the offense is getting older. The Redskins were 6-10 last year so will they will be doubted until they go 10-6 or 11-5 and then will get the credit for that record a year later when games are analyzed in 2006 :)

2. The Chiefs are at home. Even though homefield has not really affected how the Redskins play in 2005 (indeed league-wide homefield has been less of an advantage in recent years), the Chiefs are getting 3-4 points for being at home.

So, don't look for the Redskins to be favored against the Chiefs.

But one way you can see the Redskins are getting more respect is by the fact a lot of people are laying off odds that go beyond that proverbial field goal against :)

These games are ALL close and the teams on the schedule are in for a fight each week.

Given where we were with Spurrier in 2003 after losing 27-0 to the Cowboys, who would have thought we would EVER be at this point? :)

Archived