Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another questionable "rule"

jimster

As explained by the official, the defensive player took it away from him while he was attempting to regain possession. I'm guessing that the interference with the returner rule allows for some bobbling and losing the ball as long as the player doesn't completely lose control of the ball. Fumbles.

He did but he didn't. That was a border line one for sure. But bobbling the ball is losing control as well and we've seen guys do that plenty of times in the past and regain possession while defensive players avoided the returner or waited for him to lose it. As I said, they must have interpreted his trying to regain possession, ( he did get his hands back on the ball), as bobbling and felt as though he may have done so without the Steelers player taking it from him. Ball didn't hit the ground either I guess.

It looked to me like it was out of his reach after the bounce. Besides, he muffed it straight into the Steeler's chest, who was blocked into the area, but in my mind, was not within the "halo" the returner is supposed to get to field the ball.. Was he supposed to give it back to him?

Bad call.

But then again, with the way the NFL is anymore, what is to be expected?

~Bang

Archived