Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4th and 1 bomb! It's preseason....

BlitzFiftySix

This is hard to believe. Now I know why SEC opponents of Florida hated Steve Spurrier.

Oh well, thems is the breaks. I'm just glad he is our coach now. I just cant help but think that this kind of stuff in the NFL is going to put a bullseye on himself.

Teams that fall victim to this kind of play calling will start circling us for revenge when they see us on their scheds.

HAIL SOS! Danny looks Wonduerfel.

This will be a rollercoaster, fun year for Skins fans that never bothered to watch the UF games. Guess they never saw fourth and 15 from a few years back at Tennessee a few years ago. Pre-season, regular season or post-season, this is how he plays the game.

Actually, with that personnel package and scrimmage alignment, a post pattern can be considered a high percentage play in some respects. Safeties cheat up to stop the run... leaving man coverage on the outside pitting a corner against a big and speedy receiver. What made the play successful was where Danny put the ball, not to mention Thompson shielding the defender with his body. Great call!

We're going to have a lot of defenses thinking and guessing, which means they won't be playing with instinct.

We will be difficult to defend, cuz:

--Spurrier calls plays based on the defense, not so much the down and distance, so you can't predict, for example, that on 3 and 1 that he will run the ball or toss to the FB in the flat.

--He doesn't script his plays, and doesn't game-plan too much from tape -- you won't surprise him with an unexpected look.

--If you try and disguise your coverage by shifting at the last second, he trains his QBs to change the play.

So you've got to be able to defend anything, anytime, anywhere, which is impossible.

Archived