Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where should the Power Rankings put us now? (post-Broncos game)

footballhenry

After thinking about the game alot, and looking through the stats and rewatching some of the game itself I am actually shocked that we did NOT win this game. It just goes to show you how the NFL works, how you can dominate a team, more or less, on the field and still easily end up losing the football game if certain things dont fall your way. I am extremely proud of the offense's progress in this game. The BIGGEST thing that I was happy with in this game was the COACHING. We outcoached that team up and down the field (besides the two big runs and really Williams had the right schemes there because on both plays there were guys in position to make the tackles but they just missed).

I am trying to think as to where we will be placed among the rest of the NFL come tomorrow morning via the much hailed Power Rankings. As a whole I seriously do not see how we could drop ANY. With the Bucs and Bengals both losing I do not see us dropping, and would hope we maintain the 10-12 area. I beleive actually that we moved up after this game (if I were ranking them) I would put us at #10. Im most interested in Fox Sports rankings, because they had us 18th! last week. Heres to hoping we earned some respect :cheers:

Merge:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119781

My comments from that thread:

My guess is that we'll be the lowest team in the Power Rankings......

Philly will probably go from #2 to #5 (fluke game the experts will call it)

Giants will be ahead of us (top scoring team in the NFL, experts have jumped on the Eli bandwagon as soon as they jumped off the Favre bandwagon)

Cowboys will be ahead of us (Eagles game- while a fluke loss for the Eagles is positive proof that Bledsoe is the next Roger Staubach/Troy Aikman and that the Cowboys are the bestest team in the NFC other than the Eagles and that the Skins victory was proof that the Skins are a fluke and that Snyder somehow cheated).

We'll probably be ranked at 20 behind the Ravens (great goal line D moves them up 5 spots), Lions, Browns, Seahawks( another fluke loss to the Skins) etc.-- the commentary is that our luck has run out, we had 3 fluke wins and the rest of the NFCE and AFC teams will show us for frauds b/c we're now the worst 3-1 team in history.

Guess Green bay will now be in the top 20 b/c they are clearly the best 1-4 team in history after clobbering the Saints.

Yes, I am still annoyed by the lack of respect we get.....and once we get it, I still won't like most of these writers b/c I know where they stand.

Power rankings = hack fodder.

If anyone can find the archives of ESPN, cnnsi, and cbs sportsline power rankings, I would love to know what the Ravens were ranked before the season started.

I bet it was top 10 in all 3.

Makes you think how stupid these rankings are.

look at how good there D is, they had a healthy jamal lewis, added derrick mason, a healthy todd heap, and kyle boller who lpayed well the last 6 or so games of the year, they deserved to be to 10,..... now they dont deserve top 20, D is awesome, but the qn situation is bad...real bad

look at how good there D is, they had a healthy jamal lewis, added derrick mason, a healthy todd heap, and kyle boller who lpayed well the last 6 or so games of the year, they deserved to be to 10,..... now they dont deserve top 20, D is awesome, but the qn situation is bad...real bad

That's my whole point. The people who make these rankings have no clue as to what they are talking about. If they did, they would've started them at 20+ and said, "Although they have all of these weapons, there is yadda, yadda, yadda that will make them bad."

BTW, the Raven's D is not awesome.

After thinking about the game alot, and looking through the stats and rewatching some of the game itself I am actually shocked that we did NOT win this game. It just goes to show you how the NFL works, how you can dominate a team, more or less, on the field and still easily end up losing the football game if certain things dont fall your way.

Funny you mention that. It is exactly what happened in the dallas game. Dallas dominated the skins all night long, then BAM, they end up losing the game. Same thing happened to the skins vs Denver. You outplayed them and still lost. Thats just the state of the NFL nowadays. In the end, these things seem to even out.

Archived