Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which move has the team made since Gibbs came back that has turned out bad?

daveakl

I totally agree with what your saying about Smoot and Pierce. In this case though, Arrington is a active roster player. He will not be a free agent for another 1 or 2 years. Yes he's injury prone. Yes he's has at time been a cry baby, but it doesn't change the fact, Arrington can play a step above the most. As long as we have him under contract play him! Worries case trade him at the end of the season.

A buddy of mine tried out for the skins years ago when Gibbs was coaching in the late 80's ....my friend said to me.....number one...Gibbs is and was a man of his word......and Gibbs always said his number one priority was to find "redskins" type of players. Gibbs knows what type of football player he needs to win football games....that player must be .....a fighter...a person who takes pride wearing skin colors..a smart guy....and a guy who never gives up.... Gibbs will also give that underdog a fair chance....Gibbs looks for players who fit well in his system....just because that player has Arrington on the back of his jersey (just an example) doesnt mean that player is going to work well within his system....Gibbs is always looking for the Joe Jacoby's ....guys who want to get dirty and do what ever it takes to get the job done

another thing I found interesting....my Buddy Manny also said......Gibbs never reacted most of the time during camp but was a hawk watching all of his players and the guys trying out...weather it be a good play that you just made or a bad one

Manny said it was real tough to judge Gibbs.....If you did make that good or great play was Gibbs happy about it? did you amke the team? or if you did make that bad play....were you going to get cut? Manny ended up playing for the Eagles under Buddy Ryan ......he got cut during try outs for the skins that season...Manny said the two coaches were so very different it wasn't funny. Manny also said just wearing that Skins uni was an honor.....he said Gibbs and the redskins were as classy as you can get at that time.

I hear you. Getting "Redskin" type players I think is Gibbs way of saying he is looking for the right attitudes not just physical specimens. And Gibbs has done a great job of doing that once again, even though people said: he got ripped off on Coles/Moss, he paid too much for Griffin, Springs was finished, . I welcome people to say anything they want about Gibbs, they just might be smarter to let things play out first before they question him. The guy is golden.

Interesting comment on Buddy Ryan. Thanks.

Archived