Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Primerica...?

Spaceman Spiff

Anyone know what this company is about? It's some financial service stuff, from what I gather...I have an interview on Friday but my friend told me it's a pyramid scheme and you have to recruit your friends and stuff. Found some sketchy stuff about it on the internet, too, but then again you can find complaints about pretty much any company on the internet....

I'm not affiliated with Primerica, but I know some people who are. The company is not a joke. It is owned by Citigroup so it isn't just some fly by night outfit. However it is a brokerage overide company. The people in the company go through the same testing as do the folks at any other financial services company.

To answer the MLM question, in a sense it is an MLM, however unlike Amway or most of the other "pyramids" out there, if you don't work, most likely you won't get paid. If you don't work, and you recruit people into your team/company (whatever they call it there) and they pass you by due to production and recruiting, you lose your portion of that legs commissions.

That said, if you want to go into insurance/financial service sales, and basically want to be in business for yourself, there are better brokerage overide services out there with much better "greenie" contracts. If you want to do something like that I know of a similar company where folks from Primerica are jumping ship to because of the better contracts, products, and services.

It can't hurt to interview for the experience. I doubt you won't get offered a "job" since they do push recruiting. If you do decide to join, make sure the person who is recruiting you is going to help you grow your business.

Peace

"Buy term and invest the difference."

PFS agents sell term life insurance, because its cheaper than whole life, and have their customers buy mutual funds with the money saved. The premise is to have the customer be self insured over the course of time with their investments, making life insurance unecessary.

To free up additional money, PFS agents sell home equity loans to consolidate debt, and buy mutual funds. These loans are kept in the Citifinancial, Citigroups consumer finance company, loan portfolio.

PFS agents allow Citigroup to cross market all their financial products, mortgages, insurance, mutual funds, etc. However the loads and fees associated with their products are far too expensive for the knowledgeable investor.

Archived