Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former-Skins Player Arrested for Sellng Coke

Priapus

Former Redskins star nabbed in cocaine bust

Daily News Wire Services

Timmy Smith, who set a Super Bowl rushing record when he played for the Washington Redskins in 1988, has been arrested after allegedly trying to sell cocaine to an undercover drug agent.

Smith, 41, of Denver, and his brother, Chris, of suburban Lakewood, were in custody and due in court Monday, U.S. attorney's spokesman Jeff Dorschner said yesterday. They could face charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine. Bond had not been set.

Authorities said the investigation has resulted in the seizure of about 2.8 pounds of cocaine and unspecified assets worth about $100,000. Search warrants were executed on houses in Denver and Lakewood, authorities said.

Smith rushed for a Super Bowl-record 204 yards and two touchdowns in the Redskins' 42-10 victory over the Denver Broncos in 1988. He gained weight the following season and never performed at the same level. He last played in the NFL in 1990 with Dallas.

He worked this summer as a youth counselor and participated in several youth football camps, authorities said.

It's sad and it's a black eye on the organization. I feel bad for Smith and didn't know that he ended his career as a Cowboy. Just goes to show where his bad ways got started ;) and it only strengthens my adversity to these players EVER changing sides.

It's sad and it's a black eye on the organization. I feel bad for Smith and didn't know that he ended his career as a Cowboy. Just goes to show where his bad ways got started ;) and it only strengthens my adversity to these players EVER changing sides.

yeah that one game he played with the Cowboys in 1990 did it LMAO how lame

Archived