Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are The Eagles On The Downside??(Merged)

GEORGIASKINSFAN

In your crazy mind, do quotes come to you while you are sleeping and then become fact? Where has ANYONE FROM THE EAGLES said they want him to take this "easy" game off? NOWHERE, and you know it. I think, at this point, even your fellow Skins fans are on to the fact that you just make up lies and more lies and are all hot air.

Still waiting for someone to backup the line that the Eagles are one of the youngest teams in the league...

And you know it's an insult to KC for everyone to want McNabb to take that game off. KC must be viewed as a soft team to afford to bench your star....

Still waiting for someone to backup the line that the Eagles are one of the youngest teams in the league...

And you know it's an insult to KC for everyone to want McNabb to take that game off. KC must be viewed as a soft team to afford to bench your star....

TR1, I believe you are the one that claimed the Eagles are an old team, and Eagles players want McNabb to take the game off. Shouldn't YOU be the one, since you are making these assertions, who should back up the claims?

As an aside, most Eagles fans who think McNabb should rest are saying so in order for him to be healthy for the playoffs and are willing to sacrifice this game. You aren't going to see many Eagles fans thinking McNabb should sit and the Eagles will win. Hell, a lot of Eagles fans I know are picking KC to win this week, including myself.

I think you should back up some of these claims yourself. Pull up the average age of Eagles starters and backups before you say they are old.

Tell me, how the hell do you look like crap when you have the #1 Offense in the league and the # 5 Defense. How the hell does that translate into crap? Remember the fact that Trotter was gone against Atlanta, Akers has been injured all season and Donvan leads the league in passing yards with THREE different injuries.

UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE!!!! You sir would shine a pile of Danny boys **** :pooh: and sell it off as an Angus burger. GROW UP, PLAYGROUND MORON!

Your post post is deserving of the head in sphincter avatar, homer or not.

BTW, look at my member number, I'm not a troll. At least Bubba shows some tact and intelligence (although he's known for the burgandy and gold glasses).

You have taken it upon yourself to instigate anything Philly for your sick and demented desires. You never prove your points with facts and when you attempt too they have no relevance to the argument. You're an instigator, at best. Your signature is BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Nuff said. Resident clown on the NFL discussion section of a very respected board.

I hear DTC's board has some openings, maybe you should consider applying.

Please...I've watched the first and the last Philly games...they aren't the same. They lost to Atlanta...blew away SF (the WORST team in the NFL) and struggled with the 0-3 Raiders. Again, were it not for Westbrook, the player you don't want to pay, you could easily be 0-3.

Sick and demented :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love you, man. Come on, give me some love...I know it hurts to have a Redskin fan say bad things about your team, but your team deserves it. Your front office is cheap...won't pay WB, TO, etc. Your team is getting long in the tooth...and the facade of team unity is but a two game losing streak from being a joke.

Why don't you, my friend, put me on ignore...

BWAahahahhahaaahhaaahhaa

I wasn't inquiring about your opinion on the matter. I think I had a reasonable expectation what your opinion on the Eagles is this year. :)

I was just wondering what happens if they do the unthinkable and win the division.

I wonder if this same rhetoric will be seen next offseason.

As an avid Eagles fan, you should be concerned about your team's play...are you not?

Though not objective, I see an Eagles team that is injured, unhappy and with the exception of one player, ordinary. How KC can be 2.5 point favorites is not my doing. KC is up and down. How is it that the bookmakers have them favored? This is not the Eagles team of last 4 years...

If they win this year? I just don't see them in the big game...sorry.

As an avid Eagles fan, you should be concerned about your team's play...are you not?

Though not objective, I see an Eagles team that is injured, unhappy and with the exception of one player, ordinary. How KC can be 2.5 point favorites is not my doing. KC is up and down. How is it that the bookmakers have them favored? This is not the Eagles team of last 4 years...

If they win this year? I just don't see them in the big game...sorry.

I'm not concerned with the teams play. Why should I be?

They are currently the #1 O and #5 D. I'm worried about injuries and that's it. They are the best team in the NFC.

The Chiefs are favorites because they should be. The Eagles are injured right now, have to travel out west, and the Chiefs want to make a statement after getting embarassed on national tv on monday. The Chiefs would be favored against any team in this spot with the possible exception of the Colts.

I'm not concerned with the teams play. Why should I be?

They are currently the #1 O and #5 D. I'm worried about injuries and that's it. They are the best team in the NFC.

The Chiefs are favorites because they should be. The Eagles are injured right now, have to travel out west, and the Chiefs want to make a statement after getting embarassed on national tv on monday. The Chiefs would be favored against any team in this spot with the possible exception of the Colts.

Sounds like some whistling in the dark...

The Chiefs were horrible.

And don't give me the injury excuse. We had Jansen go down last year, and Brunell was hurt all year...you need to suck it up.

And don't give me the injury excuse. We had Jansen go down last year, and Brunell was hurt all year...you need to suck it up.

And in '03 the Eagles had Dawkins, Vincent, and Taylor all miss significant amounts of time. What's your point?

I don't use injuries as an excuse, but I think that's the only thing that would derail the team.

I didn't really see you cite Brunell being hurt as a reason for the Redskins record last year did I?

So interesting to read all the talk about the Eagles in decline mode.......

I always thought, in order to be the CHAMP, you have to BEAT THE CHAMP! And so far, no one in the NFC East has beaten them. Close, but no cigars have been passed out.

So that mean Atlanta is the better team then eh?

Seriously,

Are the Eagles in decline?

I don't think so....but the injuries to Akers and Mcnabb are big (whether Mcnabb plays in pain or not).

But so far they've yet to beat a great team (49ers- better than thought but still a bad team, Raiders- lots of firepower but can't win).

We'll see as the weeks continue if this is the begining of the end or if the Eagles are still the same team as they were in 04.

So that mean Atlanta is the better team then eh?

Seriously,

Are the Eagles in decline?

I don't think so....but the injuries to Akers and Mcnabb are big (whether Mcnabb plays in pain or not).

But so far they've yet to beat a great team (49ers- better than thought but still a bad team, Raiders- lots of firepower but can't win).

We'll see as the weeks continue if this is the begining of the end or if the Eagles are still the same team as they were in 04.

That's a fair and accurate statement, and I think that's the only thing Eagles fans here are saying (or trying to say at least).

To say the Eagles are in rapid decline, 3 games into a season where they have the #1 O and #5 D is silly. It is hard though to compare them to last years team, and to accurately assess their ability until they play more games.

dude, make up your freakin mind..... if an eagles fan says they're not worried... you say they should be. If an Eagles fan says that injury worries them, you say they should suck it up.

Injuries happen, they suck. Keep your Jansen injury to yourself as Eagles fans know about them just as much. Or did you forget that the Eagles lost McNabb for 6 games in '02, went 5-1 including a 34-21 beating of the SKins, and were still in the NFC Championship game.

Bad teams blame injury on their fate, good teams continue to win despite them, with a few exceptions like last years Carolina that was just completely decimated. Hell, look at the Patriots the last few years... I think they were one of most injured teams in the league.

I honestly can't effing wait for the Eagles to play the Skins this year.

(btw - Brunnell wasn't hurt last year... he just sucks. Funny how i never read you posting about your front office screwing up giving him the contract they did.... )

This thread is crazy.......

Bottom line I guess is that after 3.....3.......3 games, the Eagles are 2-1, but they have the #1 offense and the #5 defense. At this point last year, their defense was ranked lower as was the offense. They might have lost a game, but statistically they are actually better. Allow for the season to play out more before any assumptions of mediocrity can be made.

That's a fair and accurate statement, and I think that's the only thing Eagles fans here are saying (or trying to say at least).

To say the Eagles are in rapid decline, 3 games into a season where they have the #1 O and #5 D is silly. It is hard though to compare them to last years team, and to accurately assess their ability until they play more games.

Totally agree with you EL--- actually it's hard to rate the Eagles, because there really aren't that many good teams in the NFC.

Seriously, NFCW is horrible (Seahawks are a solid team and the Rams have good weeks....but the 49ers are rebuilding and Arizona is well Arizona).

NFCS- Saints (bad), Falcons (good), Bucs (look incredible...but young team), Panthers (good, with so-so so far)

NFCN- Other than the Bears....the other teams look horrible.

NFCE- I think may be the toughest divison in the conference, but

Redskins have O issues

Giants have D issues

Dallas has struggled (but still is 2-1)

The Eagles have injuries galore

Rapid decline to me means 0-3 or a poorly played 1-2.

We'll see how the Eagles are playing in week 8 and then we'll know where they may or may not be headed (or will at least have a better idea).

Archived