Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will gibbs open up the "O" this week?

redskin48

Friends, Romans, countrymen, skinsfans, lend me your ears!!!

Our O-line will be just fine! What NEEDS to be understood, is that this is Joe Gibbs football and we are not seeing Joe Gibbs football just yet! When we had the Hogs, we ran and ran and ran and ran and told people we were going to run and showed where we were going to run and still did it! Portis got 17 carries in the game against Dallas!!! SEVENTEEN!?!?!?! In whole game?? How many did he have in 1st half?? 8-10? THAT is establishing a running game. It's not like we were playing from behind 24-0 at half time, we were behind 10-0 in 3 1/3 quarters. I am really confused. I would rather have Portis carry ball 25-30 times and have 10 total passes all game, 3 of which are TD's. Joe Gibbs football of ole said you know we are running, we know we are running, stop it anyways, and no one could. Our pass blocking will be much better and our sacks will drop when we establish the run, STAY with the run and not worry about being "predictable"! But I am already getting tired of seeing our possesions start at the 15 or 18 or 10 yard line and have our 1st two plays be pass plays. POUND THE BALL with PORTIS, and everthing else will open up!! Watch and see!!

Thats because Joe Gibbs football of ole had the OL to run the ball consistently. Our current OL hasnt been anything but inconsistent. And to add to it, he has whats possibly the worst starting QB in the league where before he always had good QB play to keep teams honest.

Gibbs is still trying to find his way with this offense and he's strapped with a group of players who cant ever seem to play to their potential. At least not at the same time.

It is and is not the O-line. In my opinion, remember this is my opinion; the coaching staff needs to realize that Defenses have changed quit a bit in the last 10 years. Heck, look at our D. You know that they are going to bring it. You just don't know where from. This is all coaching and if a player can't pick it up, fine one that can. But at the end of the day the good O-line coaches know how to pick up the zone blitz, strong, blitz, nickel blitz, cowgirl blitz, etc... I know we got great coaches and a very talented group. I just think we need to tweek things a bit. Not much. Just a bit.

Archived