Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that I've had time to fully grasp the win...

footballhenry

I knew this was a big win. Obviously as huge Redskin fans we all take every game very seriously, and the Cowboy games the most serious. However, in retrospect I think that I came across a 'bit' too harsh perhaps concerning the game itself, and Brunell. I dont take back anything I said but rather I wanted to extend a thankyou to Brunell (something I havent done till now). Regardless of how awful I think he was before the last 4 minutes, he made some phenomenal plays that I really haven't given him full credit for.

Also this win I think is MUCH bigger than we all realize. The entire way the team acted when we won, and going back and watching the videos it really solidifies the presence of this team. Watching the videos just brings a smile to your face, and while I may disagree with certain decisions I have to give credit where its due. Thankyou Gibbs, Moss, and Brunell for such a sweet victory. :cheers:

Just remember one thing: the Brunell we saw last year could have neither scrambled for 25 yards, nor made anything close to those TD throws, much less done so late in a game in which he'd been downright abused by the pass rush.

Also remember this: in all likelihood Ramsey couldn't have done it based upon his lesser athletic ability (i.e. the scramble) or keeping cool under adversity. If Ramsey's in on those throws, maybe he hits one, maybe he doesn't. But I have a far easier time at this point, based upon what I've seen of him in the preseason and the Bears game, imagining him getting juiced and throwing the ball 5 yards over Moss' head or underthrowing and getting picked than I do making the plays Brunell did.

No one here is claiming that Brunell is the second coming of Sammy, Sonny or Ryp (in '91). We do however know game smarts, toughness, and big time play when we see it. Welcome aboard.

Also remember this: in all likelihood Ramsey couldn't have done it based upon his lesser athletic ability (i.e. the scramble) or keeping cool under adversity. If Ramsey's in on those throws, maybe he hits one, maybe he doesn't. But I have a far easier time at this point, based upon what I've seen of him in the preseason and the Bears game, imagining him getting juiced and throwing the ball 5 yards over Moss' head or underthrowing and getting picked than I do making the plays Brunell did.

Well, the Jets and Atlanta game come to mind.

His 24 yard run that set up the game winning field goal....would that not be considered a "scramble"?

His duck under a sure sack and hitting Coles for a 48 yard strike....would that not be considered "keeping cool under adversity"?

On the road in Atlanta....bringing the team back from being in a 17-0 hole, with no defense and no O line....doesn't that show he has the ability to come from behind and win?

The Giants game last year, where he completed over 80% of his passes....doesn't that show he can be a game manager?

Anyway, back on Topic

Excellent post footballhenry!

Here's to Brunell stretching out his great play 55 more minutes :cheers:

You know the difference between this year with Mark and '99 with BJ?

Yeah.....I don't know either :)

I knew this was a big win. Obviously as huge Redskin fans we all take every game very seriously, and the Cowboy games the most serious. However, in retrospect I think that I came across a 'bit' too harsh perhaps concerning the game itself, and Brunell. I dont take back anything I said but rather I wanted to extend a thankyou to Brunell (something I havent done till now). Regardless of how awful I think he was before the last 4 minutes, he made some phenomenal plays that I really haven't given him full credit for.

Also this win I think is MUCH bigger than we all realize. The entire way the team acted when we won, and going back and watching the videos it really solidifies the presence of this team. Watching the videos just brings a smile to your face, and while I may disagree with certain decisions I have to give credit where its due. Thankyou Gibbs, Moss, and Brunell for such a sweet victory. :cheers:

:cheers: to you Henry. Way to man up.

Best wishes...but having watched the skins swept year after year...let me assure you..it is just one win. Start praying your boys don't come out flat after a bye week following what looked liked a Super Bowl Victory celebration.

Archived