Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Minstrel Show

method man

I was quite surprised to find that there are a lot of Little Brother fans on this board. I just listened to the album and I think this album is the best rap album of the year. 9th Wonder really amazes me with the beats and Phonte and Pooh show that they are the best underground tandem in the game right now. We need to find a way to get this album a Grammy nomination.

Yeah, this is an album of the year candidate for me. I had high expectations after The Listening, and LB exceeded them with this offering. As on point as 9th is with the beats, Phonte is the star of the cd as he rips just about every track. His performance at times (i.e. "All For You) reminds me of Dre circa ATLiens. Pooh stepped his game up too, so he shouldn't be forgotten. This really is one of the more important albums in hip hop to drop in a while. It's just a shame that many will never hear this one. BET refuses to play the video for "Lovin It".

Now I need to stop being a hypocrite and actually go out, purchase the album and stop bumping my burned copy.

Archived